Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short. I was replacing the brake pads and discovered that my 06' ZX10R has 08 calipers, rotors and forks. Also I learned that this happened because of a front collision, so obviously the forks were replaced (KYB shinny new ones).

Looking further, I noticed that one of the stops of the tree clamp was broken allowing the steering to go beyond the max point. So since most of the front end is from an 08 I bought a 08 tree clamp to replace it. Now the problem is that when I was installing it I found out that the stem is longer.

Does anybody know if there's a way to replace just the stem from one clamp to the other? I don't know how to remove it. :headshake

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
156 Posts
most steering stems are pressed in but if its been modified the stem maybe welded in .. you can look at the bottom of the tree & stem too see if it been welded , If not you can press out the stem

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
most steering stems are pressed in but if its been modified the stem maybe welded in .. you can look at the bottom of the tree & stem too see if it been welded , If not you can press out the stem
Thank you. I just bought the right one. It will be more cost effective try to sell the 08 than try to replace the stem.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts