Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm moving and losing my garage and need to get a shed for the bike. What is the smallest size I can get away with? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
REP sent. Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Wow, the price the Lowes site gave me was alot more than what I paid. I guess I got mine on sale, because I got the big one 10X14 for around $500. :dontknow: Only bad thing is I have to put it together. I've had that thing for about a 6 months now, and I still haven't put it together. I seriously need to though, because my wife is killing me with the b.s. she puts in my garage. Everytime I clean it and get it the way I want it, she puts her crap in it. :rant:

·
Registered
641 Posts
http://www.cycleshell.com/

These are really cool. I just wish they were shorter since I'm trying to fit mine sideways at the top of my carport space.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I would say get the 10x8. If you can, try to find something with fewer pieces. You will really appreciate it when you go to put it together. Lots of nuts and screws and time consuming. I sell a 10x8 all metal shed from that same co. for $259 on sale. See if anyone in your area sells Suncast sheds. They look a lot nicer, not that much more money, all vinyl, and fewer pieces. They also come with a vinyl floor. BTW I work for Menards which is a competitor of Lowes in the midwest.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Stay away from those metal sheds! In the winter they condensate like all hell and rust whatever you have inside. I park my bike in the shed now but when winter comes around I have to use my friends heated garage. I had a vstar in the shed for a month and it got a bunch of surface rust.The first year I got it we had to throw out plastic toys that were stored in it because they became full of mold. So being a fellow new yorker, keep that in mind

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
If you go with the metal, use a cover on your bike inside the shed. I have that same cheap ass shed (free from a moving friend). You may want to spend a few bucks and get some 1" insulated foam sheathing and cut it to fit between the ribs inside the shed to help with the condensation. AND, they are a PITA to put together

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
OR you can park it in my garage and be sure to leave the keys in it. But I have to warn you that my garage is strange to where the mileage will also seem to get higher everytime you come and pick up the bike =X

But it's free!!!!!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
279 Posts
How safe is it? looks like someone could just take it back apart

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
Wow, the price the Lowes site gave me was alot more than what I paid. I guess I got mine on sale, because I got the big one 10X14 for around $500. :dontknow: Only bad thing is I have to put it together. I've had that thing for about a 6 months now, and I still haven't put it together. I seriously need to though, because my wife is killing me with the b.s. she puts in my garage. Everytime I clean it and get it the way I want it, she puts her crap in it. :rant:
what is yours made of? tin? I need to get one too, for all 3 bikes!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's pretty safe and solid. You would need to be inside the shed to take it apart since all the bolts/screws are inside. I'm sure if someone really wanted to get in, they could. I'll be installing other security features one but not limited to 12 gauge shot gun, lol. CCTV with motion sensor (only $100 and you can stream it online so that I can watch it from work if I wanted too) and motion alarm sensors. Also thinking about a scorpion alarm on the bike.

·
Registered
279 Posts
cool man, keep your shit safe!

·
Registered
227 Posts
how much did the project run you?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the tips guys, I ended getting a 8x8 vinyl one from Lowes http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=299053-75128-60015&detail=&lpage=none. Built a base using pressure treated lumber. Took 4 hours to build the base on Saturday and took 6 hours to build the shed on Sunday. Not bad for a weekend project. Total cost around $1200. Pics :mrgreen:
how much did the project run you?
See post above. Wasn't cheap but the shed is mine and can go where I move to. Even when I buy a house with a garage. Sheds come in handy.

cool man, keep your shit safe!
:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts