Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, have searched but could not find exact topic.
I am 65 kgs without gear, running gen4 with gulhs flashed ecu, supercorsa sp version 2 with 2.2bar front cold, 2.0bar cold rear on the track/race. Front sag 35 mm, rear 33mm. All suspension is stock.

Could you please advise starting points for track day/race with oem suspension sag, rebound/compression and tyre preassure if above is not correct.

General issues i have is understear out of the turns, whillies when hard on throttle and rear lifted when hard on breaks.

I would like to apologize if this has been already posted!!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi, have searched but could not find exact topic.
I am 65 kgs without gear, running gen4 with gulhs flashed ecu, supercorsa sp version 2 with 2.2bar front cold, 2.0bar cold rear on the track/race. Front sag 35 mm, rear 33mm. All suspension is stock.

Could you please advise starting points for track day/race with oem suspension sag, rebound/compression and tyre preassure if above is not correct.

General issues i have is understear out of the turns, whillies when hard on throttle and rear lifted when hard on breaks.

I would like to apologize if this has been already posted!!!

Thanks!
The ZX-10R gives me a hard willy as well every time I hit the throttle... :mrgreen:

With your weight your in right on the spot what Kawa designed the bike for. Your SAG numbers are correct.

Drop the pressure in the SP's to 2.2 front, 1.8 rear, cold.

For the running wide, I would put 6mm of shims above the shock, this will raise the rear of the bike. Try that first.

Good luck controlling those Willies! :thefinger_red:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,214 Posts
Increased ride height to cure the understeer. 6mm as stated as a good starting point.

·
Registered
926 Posts
+1 on the shimm

Drop fork compression to one click out from full soft until you get lighter weight springs. OEM springs are made for a 90kg rider. recue rebound as well if your front get light too easily.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all!!! Stupid question: where can infind these 6 mm shims and how are they exactly mounted?
Cheers!

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,214 Posts
M16x1.50 stainless jam nut. 6mm thick. Or an equivalent washer stack. OR custom spacer.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Machined washer

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I already have issues touching ground... How much will seatheight increase if shimming with 6mm?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,214 Posts
I already have issues touching ground... How much will seatheight increase if shimming with 6mm?
Unloaded seat height will increase a fairly significant amount. 6mm at the shock mount equates to almost 1" of rise measured at the tip of the tail section. With the seat farther forward, you're going to see somewhere in the neighborhood of 1/2" or more. You'll need to try it and see how it feels for you. Also depends on how much sag you have in the shock.

The other option is to combine a little ride height increase in the rear with a ride height reduction on the front. But doing this isn't equal on both ends so some playing around will be needed to get the right geometry (ie - dropping the front 3mm is not the same thing as raising the rear 3mm.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts