Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well if all goes to plan im going to gateway in il. tomarrow night for the test and tune. Im going to be running my 05 zx10 down the 1/4 mile and was looking for some ideas as to how to launch. First let me say the bike is for the most part stock except gear change (-1/+2) and a slip on. What is a good tire pressure to run that i can still ride the bike there and back with out having to air up the tire and what rpm should I lauch at? Any other suggestions would be nice. Also its not my first time at the track just my first time on the zx10. thanks

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
it might sound crazy but take your seat off it will help you get low, set your rpm about 6gran and slide the clutch out.
psi about 36 set your shock h and h 100% hope it help

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
huh seat off you say? i would have never though of that good idea! Got any suggestion on tire pressure?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
front about 40 to 50, rear i set mine about 18psi but your riding it to and from the track so about 30something most tires say 36front 42rear stock.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Go postwhore somewhere else. There is a section called "Funny Pages" for your stupid jokes...:headshake
that's a spammer...he won't be coming back :wink: now off to delete all his other junk :badteeth:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
seat time seat time seat time seat time seat time seat time

·
Registered
269 Posts
it might sound crazy but take your seat off it will help you get low, set your rpm about 6gran and slide the clutch out.
psi about 36 set your shock h and h 100% hope it help
what does set your shock h and h 100% mean?:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
:+2:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow bring back a thread, we to give you an update i did get to the track but it was the last test and tune of the year so there were full and i did not get in time to run but what are you going to do. I have be practicing my launch for next year but i will probably be spending more time on the road course then the strip. Lowering the tire pressure helps with traction but im still have problems keeping the front end down after 80 or so. I guess ill have to try a strap and see if that helps.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I thought you just bounce off the rev limiter then dump the clutch ha ha.... sorry no real input my bad.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Im not a dragger, but i also from my weight and just having race skinz and loosing weight off the bike, my wheel is in the air after my grid launch till almost third not high but not on the ground. Probably one of my weak points is my launch.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts