Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you guys are prolly tired of this sprocket subject but i am having some serious troubles getting my front sprocket off.. I have tried everything.... From a 32 mil with the impact...just started to round the fuggin thing off. so i said okay ill try like 1 1/8.......it was just as loose as 32 got. then i tried 1 on the first set of flats on the nut..and it actually just twisted the down inside the nut.... then i tried to heat..but def didnt wanna do that cause of the coolant hoses....and i gota torch...i was thinkin mabey a propane torch but even then i dunno....any help would be apprecited...

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
you did flatten out the washer holding the nut first?....

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea absolulutly...that thing is flat...went around 2 3 times prolly with my gasket scraper.

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
and, remind me....does the 32mm fit all the way back against the sprocket? or on the smaller nut?....cause i didnt use the one that fits the back part, but had no problem with mine comin loose with an impact.....i seem to think it was 27, 29 mm or something :dontknow:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i have read over it...he was using a 32 mill....so did i...and started to rounded that baby off....

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea no doubt....i used a 1 inch on it that was super snug on it....like it fit almost perfect...but i bieleve that was is a 29...cause the axle nut is a 27

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
fastburnzx-10 said:
yea no doubt....i used a 1 inch on it that was super snug on it....like it fit almost perfect...but i bieleve that was is a 29...cause the axle nut is a 27
the 1 inch will get wedged on there and you wont get it off, ide try the smaller mm instead of the 32

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont think i can get anything on there....it started to twist the end of the nut cause ya know how the countershaft doesnt come to the end of the nut...

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
fastburnzx-10 said:
i dont think i can get anything on there....it started to twist the end of the nut cause ya know how the countershaft doesnt come to the end of the nut...

:eek: dang man, i dunno then....maybe someone will chime in with some suggestions

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea no shid.....i prolly changed twenty sprockets on my old cbr and fzr...and a bunch on dirtbikes.......i dunno what this ones problem is

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Hate to ask this but you do know it's normal thread to take the nut off right(meaning lefty loosey)? Also, get the real size sockets in MM....both sizes and a breaker bar at 25in + and a buddy....then you might be closer...just do that first and chime in when you do...I got some Ideas.:cool:

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
a while back I had to cut one off with my whiz wheel hope it does'nt come to that for you:headshake try some heat and penetrating oil as well

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea after the impace wouldnt take it off...i was well i just do the 26 inch breaker and a 3 foot piece of pipe to no avil....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts