Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, I'm stumped here...

After getting the bike back together from a valve adjustment, I turned it on and was getting a service code 16 (Air intake Pressure sensor #2) I took the tank and airbox off to check it out. Turns out I flipped the pressure sensor connectors, verified via wiring diagram in svc manual. They both come off the harness with enough wire to plug into either side of the TB's, so it was a simple mistake made on my part.

The thing is, when they are flipped, the bike starts and runs smooth with the service code lighting up. When I reconnect the sensors in their correct configuration, the bike starts and shuts off immediately. I've tried to disconnect the battery but that didn't work.

I'm wondering if one of the sensors is bad, or if some of the wiring is messed up since I started it with the connections flipped? :dontknow:

Next test is voltage meter, which I am not familiar with using....

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Need to figure out how to clear the code...maybe that will work

Sent via iPhone

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No one?

Looks like I can't reset any codes, the problem just has to be addressed...

Attachments

·
R.I.P. REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
There's no way to reset the codes. If they are still active, the problem is still there. They will clear themselves once the problem has been corrected. I'm not familiar with that error code. I'll look into it and see if I can offer any other advice.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Figured it out. Flipped 2 ignition connectors in my QS wire loom...guess I was in a bit of a hurry plugging all the connectors back in originally, lesson learned...sooo relieved

Sent via iPhone

·
Registered
293 Posts
Figured it out. Flipped 2 ignition connectors in my QS wire loom...guess I was in a bit of a hurry plugging all the connectors back in originally, lesson learned...sooo relieved

Sent via iPhone
Glad you figured this out before we start messing with my bike :badteeth:

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad you figured this out before we start messing with my bike :badteeth:
HAHA...yeah I was in a bit of a rush plugging everything back in...
Welcome to the site Will, good peeps here with lots of knowledge :eek:ccasion1

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
SOB I think I did this again after my valve adjustment. I forgot to plug in one of the throttle sensors, but the bike started and ran fine with codes showing, but once I plugged it in, bike starts then shuts off, no codes. Gonna have to take airbox off and take a look at it. I think its time to label the QS wire loom connectors.

EDIT: Update: I took the airbox back off and checked my QS wire loom, I had some plugs crossed like I suspected. I'm gonna number them before I remove them next time. Bike is all buttoned up and seems to be running good, with the valves adjusted, it almost sounds like it's running better, but that could just be me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts