Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch went out and my rod broke and so I went ahead and ordered an entire assembly from ebay for a good price. Now, I've run into an issue, or maybe that's just how its supposed to be? I'm not sure so I'm looking for some guidance.

Pretty much, the new clutch rod that I have will not go in its hole all the way like my old broken one will. this won't allow my clutch hub to be put on so it's flush and snap right into place. What can I do? Am I supposed to take a hammer and jam that sucker in some more? seems like I shouldn't have to?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,876 Posts
If you have to take a hammer to anything, there's something wrong! The first thing you need to do is verify you got the right part off eBay. There's nothing that holds the pusher rod in besides the outer hub. It's a slip fit in there and retained by the spring plate itself. Make sure you have the tabs in the spring plate aligned properly with tabs on the the inner hub. It goes on a specific way.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey so here is the part that is the issue. Ebay sent me a whole clutch assembly, all the parts seem to be fine. I am trying to compare to my original one. Aside from the top end being thicker (which I assume my original one has just been grinded off as you can see a lot of wear) I can't really tell a difference.
http://i.imgur.com/FnAaJ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5S72I.jpg
with the original one on, my hub plate will snap on and sit in place. but with the new one, because of it not going in all the way, it wont stay flush and has a wobble to it... i can put the springs on and everything looks okay after but this wobble before I put the springs on does not seem okay to me. so, its either they sent me the wrong rod or thats just how its supposed to be?? how can I know? Lol I mean my original did break so that must mean that it was effed up?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts