Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I plan on goin to the dragway soon but I want to get the most I can outta my 1st gen. My buddys got a ZX12 extended and I gotta be faster than him. I currently have stock gearing and want to change it. I'm 5'7" and weight 150lbs. The bike is going to be strapped and soften or stiffen up the rear I forgot. My old bike was a CBR 954 stretched 10" and ran a 40hp shot so SWB I haven't ran in a few years. So any info would be nice. Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
what are your mods? N/A or Nitrous

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
N/A full exhaust, PC3, IM, filter, TRE, emission blok offs

·
Registered
173 Posts
im 5'10" 180 pounds on a gen 1 with similar mods and -1 front works great for me:thumbsup: if youll be running SWB for a while i would get a longer chain and put the axle as far back in the swingarm as you can. every little bit helps!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking -1 or -2 since the front is cheaper and I can put the axle further back. Just dont wanna do 1/4 mile on 1 wheel

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just dont wanna do 1/4 mile on 1 wheel

oh y not its fun trust me ive dont it sure does turn alot of heads but all that aside. -2 should do u good just not going to be abal to open first all the way open witch your not going to be able to that with any gearing as long as your swb good luck man

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just dont wanna do 1/4 mile on 1 wheel

oh y not its fun trust me ive dont it sure does turn alot of heads but all that aside. -2 should do u good just not going to be abal to open first all the way open witch your not going to be able to that with any gearing as long as your swb good luck man
i completely disagree. i can go WOT right off the start and still keep the front end down. its all in the clutch hand :wink:

·
Registered
173 Posts
looks like youre stretched so you wouldnt have to. all it takes is practice, practice, practice. and i only have to slip my clutch for the first 60' or so.

·
Registered
169 Posts
well i wasent going to stretch it but my brother bought all the parts so i said what the hek might as well see what i can get out of it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts