Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From any one who has been in this situation. They told me i can resign or wait to get a letter stating the fact that i will no longer have a position (Work). What would be the best thing to do ? if i resign then i will not get unemployment which i will need because my cost of living. If i quit it will hurt my chances in getting another career i believe. Also i know with my career choice it will take almost 6 months or more for the hiring process. So i will no doubt have to sell the bike that i just dump $1,100 dollars into and if worst comes to worst my car also. Any info would be nice :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Well that sucks. I remember the situation that you are in (I have a memory like an elephant and don't forget much). Well if waiting gives you a letter and that will allow you to get unemployment then that is the route I would go as you don't want the stress of financial burden to go with the stress of looking for a job.
Regarding the bike? If you have to, sell it. There are plenty out there and you can always buy another when circumstances will allow you to. Take care of yourself and your NEEDS first, let the toys and WANTS come after.
Regarding your career once you are out of this position make sure this is the field you want to be in. Being a LEO takes a whole different person (i.e. putting up with political BS etc) - make yourself happy first then worry about everything else.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would ask them what they are going to put on your seperation slip. I know up here if you get "laid off" due to a shortage of work you are able to collect benifits but if you are "fired" you have to jump through alot of hoops and still probably will not get any benifits. If you "resign" forget about it...no soup for you.

Take the time to learn about the employment insurance regulations in your area befor you make a decision and save yourself some headache. Another thing to consider is when you are searching for a new job you do not want to have to be explaining why you were "fired" it is alot easyer to BS about leaveing on your own accord...it is a tough job market out there right now and you don't want any blemishes in your work history.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
:+1:....couldn't have said it better myself man and it seems that this is happening more and more often around here....first it was a few guys i knew,then a couple buddies, then last week.....ME!!! just keep on living and try to stay as posotive as possible even under shitty circumstances.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Go ahead and turn in your letter of resignation. Make up a reason for leaving like for personal reasons... if you wait around and get booted like stated before you have to explain that to the next employer.

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
Go ahead and turn in your letter of resignation. Make up a reason for leaving like for personal reasons... if you wait around and get booted like stated before you have to explain that to the next employer.
:iamwithst

·
Registered
142 Posts
Collect unemployment and start your networking. At least you'll have some income coming in as you continue your job search. FL is a "right to work" state, can be fired for anything.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
take the unemployment because you need it and doing anything else would be crazy. Other employers will understand you've been laid off due to budget constraints...if thats the reason why you've been cut! Also, Lauderhill Police Department is hiring and if your reason for being let go is budget and not judiciary and the like, I could try to make something happen for you, but if that isn't the reason... good luck on your new adventure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts