Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has the best deals on tires right now. These raggedy BT016's gotta go!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
don't know if this is the best but it looks good

Attachments

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts
Q3's. Mike at Riders Discount. End of thread.

In all seriousness, I'm not sure what kind of riding you do but the Dunlops are really good. Way better than I thought a street tire ever could be.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,623 Posts
So the Q3's are the new favorite I take it?
"New" favorite? You haven't been around much, have you? :lol:

They are a spectacular tire that is better than it's predecessor the Q2, which was a fantastically spectacular tire itself. I <3 them.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have a new set of Q3s waiting for me to put on to replace my old set..
Yesterday I gunned it and the rear went just loose and started spinning up. I have about 3500-4000 miles on them and have done a track day at Thill and a couple tiny tiny tracks for practice.
The $50 rebate is awesome. Still waiting for my rebate tho

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Has anyone tried the Bridgeston S20 Evo's or the RS10's? I'm most likely gonna go with the Q3's but I am curious because the plain old S20's where the shit.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Motomummy.com has Q3's for 250 shipped, so subtract the rebate and you have badass tires for $200!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought 2 sets

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts
Has anyone tried the Bridgeston S20 Evo's or the RS10's? I'm most likely gonna go with the Q3's but I am curious because the plain old S20's where the shit.
I have a set of S20's on my 10 now. They are super good tires. I cant compare apples to apples as I have never had the Q3's on the 10 but the Bridgestones are seriously good.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, before I crossed over to the dark side I ran the S20's and loved them. I actually liked them more than the Q2's.

·
Registered
9 Posts
just putting in my pennies worth

im on sc2 rear sc1 front supercorsas there brilliant i have had rear sliding under power out of turns..

ive used dunlop d211 best tyre so far

bto16pro no issues here but more street sport focused

BUT...now im lookin at bridgestone r10/rs10 ....because i like a track track focused tyre
like the d211 and supercorsa but a bit better tyre life than the supercorsa would be nice..

im a quick track day fastest group usually and definately can hold my own in the group

·
Registered
9 Posts
just putting in my pennies worth

im on sc2 rear sc1 front supercorsas there brilliant i have had rear sliding under power out of turns..

ive used dunlop d211 best tyre so far

bto16pro no issues here but more street sport focused

BUT...now im lookin at bridgestone r10/rs10 ....because i like a track track focused tyre
like the d211 and supercorsa but a bit better tyre life than the supercorsa would be nice..

im a quick track day fastest group usually and definately can hold my own in the group

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
anyone uses sport turing tires Q3s are incredible but you change them every oil change also...

I run Pilot road 4 and they are impresive.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had dunlop D211 gp racers on and they were great, just too much for the road unless you can afford it really, very very good though.. Just put rosso 2s (wanted something that'd do the job but last longer) on after reading a lot of reviews and er, they spin up, in a straight line in second gear in the dry, hot!... Even with TC on, wheel spins and TC bar hits the max, won't even try to lift the front wheel as it can't get the grip.. Seem ok as a tyre, leaning, feel etc, but not for something this powerful, wouldn't want to give much throttle out of bends.

I'm pretty gutted/annoyed really. Putting the pressures right down low helps of course but I shouldn't have to as I bought them for longevity and grip, as much as that can be compromised anyhoo.

My rosso diablo corsas I had on my ZX7R were fantastic, might put these on eBay and get the corsas (should of to start with but hey, I wasn't to know). I don't ride in the rain and I don't mind changing them every year really, I want my rubber to stick.

For a 600 I think these rosso 2s would be great though.

For a zx10r for grip only, Diablo Corsas, Supercorsas or Dunlop gp racer. As a good compromise 2cts or pilot 3's were ok but squirm a lot I found.

Not really tried any others, Bridgestone etc so can't speak for those.

Just my 2ps worth anyhoo.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have a set of Bridgestone RS10s on my ZX10 and I'm very happy with them. Tons of grip, good feedback. I have a little over 1000 miles on them now and they look pretty good so far. I think I'll be able to get about 2000 miles out of the set before they hit the wear bars.

I actually liked the stock BT016s for what they are. The grip was good and they lasted a little over 3000 miles. I could make them slip if I pushed them but they were predictable.

I had a set of Pilot Power 3s before I got the RS10s. I did not like them at all and took them off after 300 miles. I could not get comfortable with these tires, regardless of suspension settings or air pressure. The front would get slippery with any more than 30psi in it cold. It gripped ok at 30 but it was hard to get turned in and felt mushy. The rear would grip ok while leaned over but as I stood it up on the corner exits it would squirm and spin. The tires did not work well at all for me and really messed with my confidence level. After 300 miles I said fuck this and pulled them off. I was disappointed in the 3s, I really liked the original Pilot Powers on my previous bike (2011 GSXR750) and figured the 3s would be just like them.

I want to try out the Pirelli SPs once this set of Bridgestones wear out for comparison, but I think I found my new go-to tire with these RS10s. I don't ride in the rain, I don't commute on a bike and I try to avoid highways.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts