Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that's a sad story,i made a red flag on yesterday's race.when the roll stoped,i found the brembo's flip up lever stick in my left boot and my right leg is under my 10r,so i cant get any move at all.

i dont know how a crash can happen like this strange way,but the brembo flip up lever will not flip up indeed!and if the damn lever is not hang on my left boot,i will apart from my bike maybe...

i have not check my bike yet,i just be sent to hospital immediately when the crash happen(i am lucky,only one bone broken of my right shoulder),but i was told my bike have many broken parts , i want to fix my bike step by step,so,my first question is how to repair the brembo mc,because my buddy told me the front brake is still work,just something wrong with that pin showed in the picture,and he said i would fix it by get that brembo crash repair kits maybe,but i have no idea how to get the MC apart and assemble.can anyone show me the construct of the MC and how to install that brembo crash repair kits?

any input will be great appreciate!

Attachments

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
The Brembo flip up lever doesn't really flip up unless you crash. This is kinda phony representation of a flip up lever. They are nothing like CRG's flip up levers. You can buy a CRG replacement lever for the Brembo MC and then you have a working flip up.

To install the crash kit you have to first remove the knurled adjuster wheel.

To do this you have to drive out a very small diameter roll pin. I use a very small finsihing nail. Then remove the e-clip and the pivot pin will drop out. You can then rotate the lever and it will spin off the part you are going to replace in the crash repair kit.

You can then install the crash repair kit.

The key to all of this is to drive out that tiny roll pin FIRST and don't drop it or lose it, thats easy to do.

Why Brembo advertises their flip up lever as a flip up lever is beyond me as it is only designed to flip up when you crash.

I have the CRG option on mine and love it.

JJ

Attachments

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi jimmy,sorry for my poor english.
i see my bike today,the brembo MC still works,and without the brake fluid leakage problem at all. the push rod still in great shape also:no broken and no bent, but it just seems apart from the inside of MC.

i think i dont need that brembo crash repair kits maybe,but i really dont know how to connect the push rod inside,do i need to pull that rubber hat off first?if yes, how to do it?I only know how to take the lever totally off from the MC now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
that's a sad story,i made a red flag on yesterday's race.when the roll stoped,i found the brembo's flip up lever stick in my left boot and my right leg is under my 10r,so i cant get any move at all.

i dont know how a crash can happen like this strange way,but the brembo flip up lever will not flip up indeed!and if the damn lever is not hang on my left boot,i will apart from my bike maybe...

i have not check my bike yet,i just be sent to hospital immediately when the crash happen(i am lucky,only one bone broken of my right shoulder),but i was told my bike have many broken parts , i want to fix my bike step by step,so,my first question is how to repair the brembo mc,because my buddy told me the front brake is still work,just something wrong with that pin showed in the picture,and he said i would fix it by get that brembo crash repair kits maybe,but i have no idea how to get the MC apart and assemble.can anyone show me the construct of the MC and how to install that brembo crash repair kits?

any input will be great appreciate!
Sorry to hear about your wreck, I would be more concerned about the whole bike than just a lever though

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
The Brembo flip up lever doesn't really flip up unless you crash. This is kinda phony representation of a flip up lever. They are nothing like CRG's flip up levers. You can buy a CRG replacement lever for the Brembo MC and then you have a working flip up.

To install the crash kit you have to first remove the knurled adjuster wheel.

To do this you have to drive out a very small diameter roll pin. I use a very small finsihing nail. Then remove the e-clip and the pivot pin will drop out. You can then rotate the lever and it will spin off the part you are going to replace in the crash repair kit.

You can then install the crash repair kit.

The key to all of this is to drive out that tiny roll pin FIRST and don't drop it or lose it, thats easy to do.

Why Brembo advertises their flip up lever as a flip up lever is beyond me as it is only designed to flip up when you crash.

I have the CRG option on mine and love it.

JJ
The CRG lever you have has a remote adjustment on it, right? Also isnt that a $500 lever? I have a Bremebo M/C (with folding lever) and was told that the CRG lever is the only aftermarket lever available for the Brembo M/C. I am thinking about using a Brembo shorty lever.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The CRG lever you have has a remote adjustment on it, right? Also isnt that a $500 lever? I have a Bremebo M/C (with folding lever) and was told that the CRG lever is the only aftermarket lever available for the Brembo M/C. I am thinking about using a Brembo shorty lever.
Hardracing.com sells the cast MC w/ flip-up lever for $309. Some places less I think. Just kinda rare.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
he trying to figure out how to take the lever off and then get to the rubber boot on the m/c. i remember someone ask the same question a long time ago and someone knew how to do it. i forgot.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry to hear about your wreck, I would be more concerned about the whole bike than just a lever though
yes,i concerned the whole bike of course,but the brembo MC is the only thing maybe i can repair it by myself:lol:

luckily,my bike is much better than i image after the crash happened.the frame ,engine,wheels have no problem.except those plastic,i only found broken fuel tank and broken gauge,i cant ride my bike now,hope the forks will be fine.

i don't have that $500 CRG clutch lever,it's the normal lever about $90.and i really wanna get a short brake lever for the brembo MC after this crash.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Jimmy, where did you get that CRG lever add-on? I need one for my Brembo.
HardRacing.com, they have em in stock. Don't off hand remember what I paid for it. I think it was like 90.00 bucks.

I also have the CRG "folding" lever on the clutch side as well that perfectly matches the brake lever. I got it from 58 Cycles. Its listed on their website for the 04-05 model ONLY, but the 04-05 and 06-07 have the same stock clutch lever part # so I figured it would fit and it did perfectly.

So I have a matched set of CRG folding levers that really fold unlike the Brembo "phony" folding lever that dont really fold. If I had known the Brembo folding lever was "phony" I would have bought it without the "phony" folding lever. There is a thread on here I started somewhere a few months back where I was really pissed about that when it arrived and I discovered it didn't really fold. They ought to be clear about that in the adds. Like, our folding lever really is just a binding hinge point that bends in the event of a crash only.

JJ

1 - 13 of 13 Posts