Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Gen4 '14 ZX10R ABS
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was trying to do some maintenance by cleaning out the rear caliper and pads today. That's when I realized one of the bolt that holds the caliper and the holder assembly is a PITA to remove while the wheel is mounted - and turns out the previous owner has stripped it already 馃槪. Was thinking of replacing it but cant find the part number as seen in the image below. I don't know if I'm missing something - can anybody help me out? Thanks!

R.I.P. REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
Well, the reason you can't find the part number for that is because it's not meant to be removed and it's not sold separately. It's part of the entire holder assembly (14079). If it's all screwed up and stripped, then the holder should be replaced as well since that's likely stripped. It's a pain to remove since it's not meant to be and got buggered up trying to remove it.

You have to buy the whole thing which is part 14079-0074. It's not terribly expensive at less than $70 USD new, but it's really the only way to fix that. You may be able to find a good used holder.

Reactions: rmn

Registered
Gen4 '14 ZX10R ABS
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah just like I feared. Saw a YT video where the guy managed to remove it and that's what confused me. Anyway, if its not meant to be removed then no point replacing it since its doing its job fine :)
Thanks for the info, Sky!

The Pace
If not broke no fix. But first thought was, 'what is he getting on about the rear caliper?' Had no clue. Still don't. Next thought, what bolt was stripped?

Last thought. If you dorked the bolt or prior owner dorked it, then NOT right and time to drop the bike off at the dealer to sort out. This bike doesn't use rear brake but rarely but I have used both in a couple emergency situations and that bike stopped. Safety first and some things best to let the dealer pros sort out. Kawa backs their bike. Trust me on that. May take time, though.

Registered
Not really sure why anyone would remove the sliding pin that sits in a dust boot, normally ppl strip the pin and bolt numbered 92150 and 92043 in the parts diagram you reference above.

Registered
Gen4 '14 ZX10R ABS
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not really sure why anyone would remove the sliding pin that sits in a dust boot, normally ppl strip the pin and bolt numbered 92150 and 92043 in the parts diagram you reference above.
Oh trust me they have already f'd up 92043..all 4 of them! It's over torqued and it's slipping now. Sadly my dealer just has 3 of them in stock and hence I'm waiting for the 4th one to arrive (which will take forever..unless someone here can help me and ship it to me 馃榿) before I remove the caliper and take it to a machine shop to extract the screw.

Regarding the sliding pin, I think it's to remove the caliper without having to remove the wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts