Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I was planning some track days with my zx6r and now that I have the zx10r I am without a doubt gonna be on the track lots this year!!!

Here's my problem! I am currently working in a remote area not anywhere close to shops to try on different suits. I really want a dainese suit but seems they don't make my size unless I go custom.

I am 6'5" 225lbs athletic build 36 waist 44long jacket and I think 46 chest? Can't remember chest size plus my winter tits might be bigger lol

I have a 34-36 inseam with jeans.

Any suggestions? Only thing I have found that may work is either A* suit then have it altered in the mid section or joe rocket 5.0 I have found some ther taller guys using. Also seen a thread for Pilot.

What's your advice I don't care if it is new or used. And plan on building a drift bike and doing some stupid shit and also WOT on te track lol so I'm sure I will see my share of pavement! So new used doesn't matter just want safe and good fit!

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts
Well if money is no object I would have someone like Pilot or Heroic do a custom suit. Your gonna pay about $900.00 + for that but there would be no question that it would fit you right off the bat. Otherwise call Mike at Riders Discount. Get your measurements and what you want along with your price range and give him that info. He can coach you through what suit might fit you best and what size would be best. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guy! Mike I will give you a call when I get a chance to shut my machine off. Too loud to talk. As far as budget I don't think it would be wise to spend a Ton on a suit I will more than likely being doing some pavement body surfing on! Lol I figure once I get this zx10 on a track I'm gonna low side it trying to lean to far lol but who knows. I also don't want to cheap out and get something that won't protect me. I also want something I can use off the track so maybe a two piece or just stay the hell away from a two piece? I don't mind having a suit just for the track. Anyways ill call you when it quiet or just PM me if you have anything

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hit up Sportbiketrackgear.com they have a free return policy for most if not all the gear they sell. Call rather than just buying from the website so you can speak to a sales rep if you can speak to Jeff Detkowski he hooked me up pretty damn good or shoot him an email at [email protected]

If your going to the track I would really stay away from the two piece suit, a one piece is much better for protection purposes. Get the best gear you can afford, when you have an off and everyone will at some point in time. you don't want to get sidelined cause of inferior gear. Don't forget that most injuries on the track are hands and feet so don't skimp there either, I would say Held Titan Gloves and Sidi Vortice boots expensive YES!! But cheaper than ER visit and Doctor bills!! Try this shop here for your alterations they come pretty highly reccomended---->

http://spyderleatherworks.com/index.html

·
Registered
241 Posts
Ooops didn't mean to step on Mike's toes!! but......maybe you can get in a bidding War with Rider discount and Sportbiketrackgear, and get a Serious DISCOUNT!! :crackup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts