Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reports alledge that Lewis will announce his 2013 team decision tomorrow. Do you think its ungrateful to leave the team that raised him since day one?

I think so. He should stay and be grateful to McLaren. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Its a business. Just because somebody recruits you doesn't mean that you should do the same work for less money once others are interested. Look at any other pro sport. When the contract is up, let the bidding begin.

Some are are willing to take a pay cut to get get a championship. They will leave a team that was good to them but is never going to get a title. So they move. Lebron did it. It seems to have worked out for him.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
In America we have child labor laws that don't allow this. David Beckham was with the Manchester United team since he 13-14. Then he left to play in the US for what ever L.A.'s soccer team is. The European soccer teams scout the peewee leagues. Private school them and have set practices that more like a boarding school. then when they get good enough they are put on the roster.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Athletes have a shelf life so they must market themselves and take the best opportunities available to them. It is a business after all and there is no reason that anyone has to leave on a sour note.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Spoiler!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Maybe he would rather have a pay day than win. Rossi left a winning team to "develop" another bike.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Give me some examples of NBA/NFL guys that got pro team backing at age 10.
Kobe Bryant not 10yrs old but they obviously had connections with his dad and had been watching him for a long time in HS :dontknow: Lakers traded their best Center for him and he didn't do anything yet. :wink: seems like a good move now don't it? :lol::helmet:

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kobe Bryant not 10yrs old but they obviously had connections with his dad and had been watching him for a long time in HS :dontknow: Lakers traded their best Center for him and he didn't do anything yet. :wink: seems like a good move now don't it? :lol::helmet:
And Kobe repayed with loyalty. Double clutching like he should.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
And Kobe repayed with loyalty. Double clutching like he should.
Don't know what the double clutching is but Kobe did almost or say he would leave but he didn't was a warning to the Owner...he is a Rare player these days even MJ played on another team Kobe has played for just one he said when he was 18yrs old he would play for NO OTHER team, Magic Johnson the same thing you really have to respect those kind but at the same time it's a business and players need to make decisions for their families as well. :wink:

bloo

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kobe is loyal. Lewis is not. Mercedes ain't winning jack, but mclaren is always there. Not sure on Lewis Hamilton thinking here.

BTW: Alonso 12 f1 champion

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Kobe is loyal.

Hmm he gets to live in LA, gets to be the man, gets paid silly amounts of money to be there, and pretty much gets anything he wants. Yea thats gotta be tough to be loyal.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Hmm he gets to live in LA, gets to be the man, gets paid silly amounts of money to be there, and pretty much gets anything he wants. Yea thats gotta be tough to be loyal.
You forgot the Most important part he gets to do all that at the same time wearing Purple and Gold. :wink:

Bloo

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Don't know what the double clutching is but Kobe did almost or say he would leave but he didn't was a warning to the Owner...he is a Rare player these days even MJ played on another team Kobe has played for just one he said when he was 18yrs old he would play for NO OTHER team, Magic Johnson the same thing you really have to respect those kind but at the same time it's a business and players need to make decisions for their families as well. :wink:

bloo
After MJ retired from the Bulls. He returned to play with the Wizards? which he was part owner. My loyalty falls to me and mine everytime. I can't fault a guy for trying to improve his own investment. I am not the biggest BB fan, I just got home from a party, and it is 4am for me. If I got my facts wrong I apologize.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Kobe is loyal. Lewis is not. Mercedes ain't winning jack, but mclaren is always there. Not sure on Lewis Hamilton thinking here.

BTW: Alonso 12 f1 champion
In prosports there is a finite time for your career, ya gotta get it while the getting is good. I don't know how long the career is for F1 drivers. I know they have to have some lightning quick reflexes which usually fade by your 30's. If you don't want to work again after your career ya have to manage your money and make as much as possible. It is possible there is some politics behind the lines the media doesn't show.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So if a 7 time world champ with 91 victories could not fix the car and win then what makes Lewis think he can? :dontknow:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts