Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 10r with the full akropovic titanium system and carbon canister, and bmc street filter. I looked through the PC maps thread above but did not see what I was looking for (it is possible I just missed it).

Thanks for your help,
Jesse

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Very cool of you to do that:thumbsup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problem man spread it around it cost me 300 bucks so I might as well share it with everone
I hear you. I do thank you for saving me for a little while until its my time to spend it.

How much and where did you get the tre?
How much work is it to remove the flys on the 08?
Also what do you consider smog removed?

Thanks Again for your help. :+1:

·
Registered
407 Posts
I hear you. I do thank you for saving me for a little while until its my time to spend it.

How much and where did you get the tre?
How much work is it to remove the flys on the 08?
Also what do you consider smog removed?

Thanks Again for your help. :+1:
No problem it might be a little off depending on your elevation and octaine but beats nothing.

I got the TRE (heal tech) for 120 cause I wanted the one that didn't mess up my gear indicator but you can get them for like 30.

The butterflies require taking out the air box which isn't that big of a deal just a little time consuming. Its a lot easier to get the air box out than on the 06 07 though.

(http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16268)

Smog removed = all tubes removed and capped plus block off slates installed make sure to leave your ais cylinoid ( sorry cant spell lol) plugged in or you'll get Fi code 64

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How does the less price one mess with the gear indicator?

What is the purpose of removing smog / block off plates? How does it help?

I already was looking at the butterfly removal and know about it being a good gain in hp.

·
Registered
407 Posts
How does the less price one mess with the gear indicator?

What is the purpose of removing smog / block off plates? How does it help?

I already was looking at the butterfly removal and know about it being a good gain in hp.
To tell you the truth I don't even know if it does. I never tried but the cheaper one but i know that the cheaper one has two wires while the healtech one has three so... all I know is that the cheaper one is supposed to shut off the indicator but that is what the people selling me the expensive one said.

The block off plates aren't necesary they just clean up the engine BD just capped the old plates with the tubes coming out of them and that works fine. removing the smog decreases popping under deceleration especially with the full exhaust. I don't think that anyone has proven HP gains but the ais lets warm air into the engine.

I have a simple mind warm air bad and smog bad.

Butterfly removal... again don't know about hp gain I know they are to decrease intake sound and they limit air flow in the lower gears.

The race manual tells you to remove all the stuff so I did.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks again Mr. Smith :eek:ccasion1

I pulled the secondaries (very easy on the 08) and put in your map.

Wow what a difference !!

I have not pulled the smog or gotten a TRE yet. But I don't think it matters at this point. I am planning on doing a thin head gasket in the next couple of weeks. So I will do the other then. Will let you know how it responds to the thin HG after. I will then do a local dyno tune and send you that map.

Thanks
Jesse

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
To tell you the truth I don't even know if it does. I never tried but the cheaper one but i know that the cheaper one has two wires while the healtech one has three so... all I know is that the cheaper one is supposed to shut off the indicator but that is what the people selling me the expensive one said.

The block off plates aren't necesary they just clean up the engine BD just capped the old plates with the tubes coming out of them and that works fine. removing the smog decreases popping under deceleration especially with the full exhaust. I don't think that anyone has proven HP gains but the ais lets warm air into the engine.

I have a simple mind warm air bad and smog bad.

Butterfly removal... again don't know about hp gain I know they are to decrease intake sound and they limit air flow in the lower gears.

The race manual tells you to remove all the stuff so I did.
Forgive my ignorance, what is this race manual you speak of?

Reactions: MagicMavis

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The links are not working for the race manual. I did get the service manual.
Do you have the file for the race manual you can send me?

Thank You

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks again Mr. Smith :eek:ccasion1

I pulled the secondaries (very easy on the 08) and put in your map.

Wow what a difference !!

I have not pulled the smog or gotten a TRE yet. But I don't think it matters at this point. I am planning on doing a thin head gasket in the next couple of weeks. So I will do the other then. Will let you know how it responds to the thin HG after. I will then do a local dino tune and send you that map.

Thanks
Jesse
Sweet deal Jesse how thin are you going on the gasket? Ive been debating doing some cam head gasket stuff. I kinda ran out of bolt-ons

·
Registered
407 Posts
Dyno Charts

Someone asked for these because they thought the top end was lean on the custom map. The first is when it was all said and done the second is the base which is with the full akro map installed from the dyno-jet website.

Attachments

·
Registered
551 Posts
I don´t really understand what makes the extra power in the first graph, as AFR is not too far of the DynoJet map. Are there any other changes, like full exhaust and so on?

If the graphs are true, the 10R makes most bhp at around 13 AFR. It looses 10-15 bhp if AFR goes +/- 0.3 from 13AFR.

I would suspect the "new" map to be a bit on the lean side when ram-air gets into effect? Or, maybe the ECU adjusts for the extra ram-air air using a MAF/MAP sensor?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I am not sure what how thin the gasket is but I believe it is the race kit part? I know that the stock one is quite robust and should be a rather large change in compression. I will ask my guy the sizes for you.

The dyno graphs look great and I cant see where it could be running too lean. The charts show exactly what I feel when running it.

Good Job.

Does anybody know where I can get the RACEKIT manual?? The link(filebucket) in the thread about it is not working.
I really could use it right about now.......PLEASE

1 - 20 of 21 Posts