Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd appreciate any feedback you guys can provide.I'm tired of racking my brain only to remain undecided.I can get them for about the same price.

Fuck I might buy both.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Arai Corsair hands down the better helmet in every aspect! The question is does a Corsair fit your head shape?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have a RSR2 and like it, one of the lightest available, thinking about buying a second one. Try them both on and see which fits better.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A noone carries the Shark locally, so im sol.I know the Corsair is a good helmet but it seems the Shark has more technology behind it's design.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
arai is cetainly not the better helmet.They are great helmets in their own right but the RSR has been proven to be a safer helmet in every aspect (including the thicker f1 style visor). I'd pick the RSR2 any day over an Arai

·
Registered
165 Posts
I own three RX7-RR's and two Shark RSR 2's. Both are extremely high quality with great comfort and a high level of detail. But I'm a huge fan of the Shark RSR 2 visor removal system- much more simple than the Arai design. And the fact that the visor is 3mm thick compared to the 2-2.5mm Arai would seem to offer more eye protection from a stone or a seven pound June-bug. If the SHARP helmet safety ratings mean anything to you (read about 'em at webbikeworld) the RSR-2 is a 5 star rated helmet vs. the 3 and 4 star Arais.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,388 Posts
I have a couple of Shark RSR2 helmets. Love'em. Similar fit (on MY head - yours may vary) to an Arai and equally comfortable on long trips, but less expensive to buy AND the visor removal system is the BEST bar none.

·
Registered
21 Posts
shark rsr2

I have a Shark RSR2 size medium. It was my first helmet and is my only helmet I own. It's the lightest helmet I have ever tried on. That accounted for 70 percent of the reason why I bought it. Plus the simpler visor removal system, high quality, the interior lining is very comfortable suede-like, all pads are removable, etc. And I got it for $169 at Cycle Gear on closeout.

Only problems so far is...the chin strap tip gets torn up pretty easily after you slip it through the retention device (the one that keeps the excess strap from flapping around), and don't use a cleaner to clean off the outside of your visor. I had a crapload of bugs one day smashing into my visor and when I got home tried to wipe it off with glass cleaner (not windex though). I think the outside coating started to "chip"...maybe it's some UV protectant, scratch resistant coating, or anti-reflective coating? Oh well. Luckily I only tried it on a small area.

Otherwise, as long as it fits your head, I would suggest the RSR2.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have an Arai RX7 Corsair Tommy Gun and Shark RSR2 Troy Corser white. Both helmets are of extreme quality in terms of fit and finish. With all the helmets I have which include Suomy Gunwind (x2), Suomy Spec 1R, OGK-FF4 and FF5, Arai, and Shark I wear a medium 7 1/8 or 57-58 cm.
The fit of the Arai and Shark are very similar, I have to say the Shark liner is plusher and more comfortable than the Arai. The Arai flows slightly more air but is noisier compared to the Shark. Visor removal on the Shark is extremely quick and easy; I’d compare the Arai to my Spec 1R in terms of visor removal, a pain in the ass. Graphics on both helmets are top notch not quite to the level of Suomy but nothing to complain about by any means. Of the two the Shark is lighter in weight and offers a bit more vision width.

Personally if it came down to money I’d go with the Shark first, you can find them on close out and on E-Bay for $300 +/- a few dollars while the Arai goes for $400 and up. You can’t go wrong with either helmet. I paid $525 for the Tommy Gun in May 06 and $299 for the Shark in late 08, I will not pay $500 again for any helmet. If you can get either for the same price then get which ever catches your eye.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts