Votes: 22 29.7%
  • no flames

Votes: 52 70.3%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to try and hand pinstripe some flames to get an idea of how they would look. So be easy on me considering this was with my hands lol. Im planning on getting a set made but i would like to get some opinions. Sorry the camera phone was the best i had. Thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
hey man thats pretty good being done by hand. much better than i could do. all i would have to say is throw some color in there. and is it just me or does the green of your bike change shades from diffrent angles

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think its the phone changing the colors but i was thinking about possibly doing some silver highlights like the 07se had, with there silver and red

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
will the flames be a solid color or just the outline???bet it would look great with some ghost flames set off in the clearcoat.....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
was thinking about just a black outline

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
i think the black out line is nice... maybe make the outline thicker in different areas to give it texture....

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
dude thats freaking bad ass......what do i have to do for you to help me out and do that to my 09:)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I thought you did a great job. What is nice as well is that with pinstripe you can remove/relocate as you wish. You might would even want to try some charcoal or other colors to add shadow depth.

Anyway, I'm impressed with your tape application skills.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
your work is good, im just not a flame type of guy but it takes all kinds to make the world go round (Good Job)

·
I really need to get out of the house
13,309 Posts
Looks GREAT!!!! I would add a little grey or silver around the black lines. Just alittle more color, not alot, just some more details

·
Registered
134 Posts
i like the flame in the tail,
(maybe you need a small in the tank)
and in my opinion, less flames on fairing

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the feedback. Im a little undecided on what exactly i want still but thanks for the ideas.

·
Registered
163 Posts
:thumbsup: You did a good job, especially by hand. Not really into flames though..little played out IMO. It's your bike -- and it is good work.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
It looks pretty cool, but I voted no flames "personal opinion" I like the plain Jane green on black. You do nice work though for just tooling around

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Looks really good, and the fact that you did it by hand at least gives you some bragging rights

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks good. With a little contrast in thickness and shading it would look better. But either way good job. But i voted no flames.

·
aka kwakrider
412 Posts
nice job you definatly got the skills,do it in a green pen stripe,more suttle,less is more add some white ones , thin with black tips.:cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts