Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

Decided to play around with my new toy tonite, so I started disassembling it!

"""1"""First thing that caught me by surprise is this little dinky:

Its IVan's TRE. What exactly does it do?? Wouldn't you need to run higher octane to prevent premature detonation? I wasn't aware that I had it when i bought the bike. What plugged in into its place?

"""2"""Secondly:

Why tha fvck is it plugged? I remember reading something about it, but what is the reason for it?

"""3"""Thirdly: Lose connector?

This connector is free and seems to be coming out of the spark plug coils harness. Loos at pics please! What is supposed to go there?

"""4""" Square blob of tape by the injectors?

Is this supposed to be like this? Or is it a DIY thing?

"""5""" Ivan's block off's?

What exactly is this for? Removes the pressure equalizer?

Please, Gurus, tell me about these things and how they affect my performance

2007 10r, Full Muzzy Gp Style, rest is stock (or so i think)

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
so im still confused or not totally understanding the whole concept of blocking off the air injection system.....i.e: black off plates

Under these conditions do they only benefit you?

using your motorcycle on a closed course (racing, track days, etc.) you will want to remove for reduced weight and ease of maintenance?

2. To get an accurate Air:Fuel (A/F) ratio when dynoing the bike. The air injection system pumps fresh air directly into the exhaust stream in order to burn off any unused fuel. Unfortunately by doing this the A/F ratio is thrown off by the extra “fresh air” in the exhaust stream. By removing the air injection system you can achieve an accurate A/F ratio.

are these the only reasons as to why...

Rich

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
so im still confused or not totally understanding the whole concept of blocking off the air injection system.....i.e: black off plates

Under these conditions do they only benefit you?

using your motorcycle on a closed course (racing, track days, etc.) you will want to remove for reduced weight and ease of maintenance?

2. To get an accurate Air:Fuel (A/F) ratio when dynoing the bike. The air injection system pumps fresh air directly into the exhaust stream in order to burn off any unused fuel. Unfortunately by doing this the A/F ratio is thrown off by the extra “fresh air” in the exhaust stream. By removing the air injection system you can achieve an accurate A/F ratio.

are these the only reasons as to why...

Rich

Pretty much that and it eliminates that popping noise when getting off the throttle.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
The blob of tape is normal, it comes this way from KHI. In fact everything looks normal, no worries...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts