Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like I need a little more power now on my bike. (no I cant use every ounce of power on the track) but I want some more power just for the "fun factor"

So I got the full Akra evo, Bazzaz with a decent map and BMC filter and that made a nice difference when I installed it all...... now i want more :thefinger. I have done a search and see so many different options that its confusing me on what to do next. Im not about to take off the head and have it ported and milled etc.. I want some simple bolt on mods that I can do myself.

Suggestions on some additions that will work good with my current mods, and make a real difference?

Im thinking 16T front sprocket is one...........

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
decking the head and degreeing the cams for sure will help out, just dont go bigger on the intake ports!!! you could always get a data logger to tune the bike to perfection as well...

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
decking the head and degreeing the cams for sure will help out, just dont go bigger on the intake ports!!! you could always get a data logger to tune the bike to perfection as well...

What would decking the head and cams cost?

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Pull the flies

·
Registered
42 Posts
Lets see, bolt on parts that add to the fun factor:
velocity stacks
BST wheels carbon fiber:thumbsup:
520 conversion chain(non o-ring)
Try these for starters,by the way in my opinion you will gain the most performance(acceleration and handling) with the BSTs out of these three mods.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
What would decking the head and cams cost?
alll depends on where you get it done, if you can do it your self your gunna save a ton of money....

RIMS for sure will probbaly be your best buy just go magnesium or your wasting your money!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Gear change is the best bang for the buck if you are willing to give up a bit of top end speed. Im running -2+2, cant stop smiling!

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
I feel like I need a little more power now on my bike. (no I cant use every ounce of power on the track) but I want some more power just for the "fun factor"

So I got the full Akra evo, Bazzaz with a decent map and BMC filter and that made a nice difference when I installed it all...... now i want more :thefinger. I have done a search and see so many different options that its confusing me on what to do next. Im not about to take off the head and have it ported and milled etc.. I want some simple bolt on mods that I can do myself.

Suggestions on some additions that will work good with my current mods, and make a real difference?

You got issues bro ham :crackup: more power... :spit: Just kidding:mrgreen:

In stock trim I have beat down a modded 07 GSXR1000, 07 BUSA and other liter bikes don't count...

There is a modded 06 GSXR1000 in my area that is kicking everyones ass... But I will just accept the fact that there is something faster than my stock ZX10...

Dang man 189MPH is not fast enough:crackup:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts

Spend a few $ on the 16T and try that 1st.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
for fun factor just go -1 and +2 if that isn't enough got with a riflemen 1/5 throttle insert. All can be had for less than $150.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great info... just what i was looking for. I ordered the 16T front sprocket online, and I will pull the flies. It's not really more top speed, I think i am looking for more midrange, something that will give me more of the tunnel vision effect as I am accelerating so hard:lol::lol::lol:

If I order a set of Cams, is there more required with my set up, or can I just have the shop install them? new map at least required?
If I decided to go ahead and order cams, what do I order? brand? model?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
1/5th, 16t sprocket. after those add more eventually your ass will pucker.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, I woke up this morning, and I am going to ask my local shop for a quote on installing the cams.....and see what it will cost.

But I dont know anything about the cams...cost, model, where to buy them etc...

(I was waiting to see what the "new" ZX10R will be like, but if its big bang or crossplane...dont want it) So I will spend the money making mine better.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Great info... just what i was looking for. I ordered the 16T front sprocket online, and I will pull the flies. It's not really more top speed, I think i am looking for more midrange, something that will give me more of the tunnel vision effect as I am accelerating so hard:lol::lol::lol:

If I order a set of Cams, is there more required with my set up, or can I just have the shop install them? new map at least required?
If I decided to go ahead and order cams, what do I order? brand? model?
earth to mcfly, i told you once already, pull the darn flies! thats nothing but +5 in the mid range

and then you can boost it

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Ok, I woke up this morning, and I am going to ask my local shop for a quote on installing the cams.....and see what it will cost.

But I dont know anything about the cams...cost, model, where to buy them etc...

(I was waiting to see what the "new" ZX10R will be like, but if its big bang or crossplane...dont want it) So I will spend the money making mine better.
cams for the 08 are at least available.... they make an intake cam and an exhaust cam that have better profiles...

the exhaust cam they offer is actually a stock 04-07 exhaust cam so if you could find a good used one it could be cheaper but each cam was about 150 bucks from ronayers....

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
earth to mcfly, i told you once already, pull the darn flies! thats nothing but +5 in the mid range

and then you can boost it
Im pulling them, but I still want more. :thefinger Im considering the cam's now, but have to wait until Monday when I can get a quote for having them installed.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts