Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2004 zx10 is supercharged by aa performance making 225whp 8psi, what do I need to do to make around 250-260+? Motor is completely stock. i know nothing of mechanics, what is the simplest way to get more power and not melting my engine

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
better head gasket, low compression pistons, up the boost, stiffer clutch springs, piston rings just to start. Im not super knowledgeable on the subject, but I know those things are definently in the equa.tion

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
Beyond a certain point, every extra horsepower gets exponentially more expensive.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
not just for 30 more. youll be able to really crank up the boost. You build the motor up to handle that kind of boost. if you really build the motor up, you can boost it over 350hp. Then youre talking about another 125whp. At that kind of boost too though, you start running into high Intake Air Temps where youll need aftercooling to cool the compressed air.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
well, its gonna cost you a few hundred bucks easily, and probably around a grand to get it all installed by someone who hopefully will do a proper job.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
It will take some research to find out what the stock parts are capable of handling. You can only go so far before it becomes a time bomb.

Reactions: El Zilcho

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Install water/meth injection kit and you'll make extra power for under $300 and will be able to put a smaller pulley on the blower and make more power.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Install water/meth injection kit and you'll make extra power for under $300 and will be able to put a smaller pulley on the blower and make more power.
this too can work. could net you probably another 10whp though. would be worth it. safer option too because youll keep temps down.

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
It will take some research to find out what the stock parts are capable of handling. You can only go so far before it becomes a time bomb.
:+1:

There is only so far you can go without risking the engine damage. I doubt that the engine would be able to sustain the 260hp for longer than a few seconds, and even then this kind of output can cause microtears and deformations that will shorten its life considerably.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
go -1,+5 and add a 1/5th, ull think it has 350

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well il take your word, I just did not think 30 or so more hp put that much strain on the motor, as the kit was designed to push 220 all day everyday withought problem which it has done so far. I thought the only limitation to making 250 was The increased air temp and injector size. Il just get a sprocket for now to get more torque, I rarely top it out anyways.Thanxs

1 - 17 of 17 Posts