Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got a 2012 zx10r, and since i'm in the philippines, the bike is in the north and i'm from the south, i asked a good friend of mine to check the bike with a mechanic, mechanic was probably blind and didn't mention any of the problems, after the bike arrived, the bike is in really bad shape, it's supposed to only have 4000km on it but the plastics have lots of missing tabs, the tail light is broken, front fairing has a crack, the undertail can't be aligned.

Now i need some help, under the tank there are 2 tiny pipes that look like vents, are they supposed to have a hose? I'll attach pics.

The undertail is not aligned, i'm also gonna attach pics if there's supposed to be screws there.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
So i got a 2012 zx10r, and since i'm in the philippines, the bike is in the north and i'm from the south, i asked a good friend of mine to check the bike with a mechanic, mechanic was probably blind and didn't mention any of the problems, after the bike arrived, the bike is in really bad shape, it's supposed to only have 4000km on it but the plastics have lots of missing tabs, the tail light is broken, front fairing has a crack, the undertail can't be aligned.

Now i need some help, under the tank there are 2 tiny pipes that look like vents, are they supposed to have a hose? I'll attach pics.

The undertail is not aligned, i'm also gonna attach pics if there's supposed to be screws there.

Thanks
Yes! there should be hoses on those nipples sticking out of the fuel tank. Good idea to get the service manual if you don't already have it. PM your email and i will email it to you if you would like.

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
Need quick rivets in the holes you have pictured.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks
Yes! there should be hoses on those nipples sticking out of the fuel tank. Good idea to get the service manual if you don't already have it. PM your email and i will email it to you if you would like.
Need quick rivets in the holes you have pictured.
Wow thanks a bunch for that man... Will put hose on it. I'm also having a hard time with the position of the fuel line from the tank to near the airbox, makes the tank hard to align. The wired on the left side of the tank makes it hard to attach the cover as well. Haha

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does the bike run.
Yes the bike does run. So far it runs well, had to replace the clamp for the throttle bodies though, it was damaged and kept leaking gasoline to the engine. So many plastic parts are messed up, i might have to replace the whole tail section... Also, worst timing of all is that acetone is now a banner substance in the Philippines, you need to get a permit from PDEA(Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency), so i can't make abs cement, also i can't find abs cement sold anywhere.

Mechanic was a fuck up. I asked a couple of times if external conditon was "like-new", his answer was always "just needs a bath", then when it arrived i see rusted bolts and screw and other parts, messed up fairings, messed up wirings, and etc.

Attachments

·
The Pace
7,177 Posts
Yes the bike does run. So far it runs well, had to replace the clamp for the throttle bodies though, it was damaged and kept leaking gasoline to the engine. So many plastic parts are messed up, i might have to replace the whole tail section... Also, worst timing of all is that acetone is now a banner substance in the Philippines, you need to get a permit from PDEA(Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency), so i can't make abs cement, also i can't find abs cement sold anywhere.

Mechanic was a fuck up. I asked a couple of times if external conditon was "like-new", his answer was always "just needs a bath", then when it arrived i see rusted bolts and screw and other parts, messed up fairings, messed up wirings, and etc.
Good news, runs well. If that odd fuel leak is controlled all good. Replace the tail light with after market is easy here in USA

If the bike runs well, tech guy did his job;

So, learn to ride this bike and ride it with safe thinking. Get this book:

Amazon.com: A Twist of the Wrist II: The Basics of High-Performance Motorcycle Riding eBook: Keith Code, Doug Chandler: Kindle Store

read Code's book about 1000 times while slowly and safely applying concepts; takes awhile.

btw, that tire looks too small; should be 190-55 or 50; might be the photo angle but looks like a 180. If that's 180, then my guess is that you're the third owner; reasoning is that first owner would not place 180; second owner had no clue for whatever reason that you know yourself from your culture. I say that because very very few Americans with zero understanding of a super bike would ride a liter; idk about your area but can easily see a non rider on a super just going slow in some areas of the world.

Code's book will teach you how to think about the bike while riding. You think like the bike, the bike will be happy. Not joking.

·
Registered
132 Posts
^ :jerkit:

To the OP...on your first picture it's hard to tell but I THINK that's the threaded holes for the bolts that hold the rear passenger pegs brackets on.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Good news, runs well. If that odd fuel leak is controlled all good. Replace the tail light with after market is easy here in USA

If the bike runs well, tech guy did his job;

So, learn to ride this bike and ride it with safe thinking. Get this book:

Amazon.com: A Twist of the Wrist II: The Basics of High-Performance Motorcycle Riding eBook: Keith Code, Doug Chandler: Kindle Store

read Code's book about 1000 times while slowly and safely applying concepts; takes awhile.

btw, that tire looks too small; should be 190-55 or 50; might be the photo angle but looks like a 180. If that's 180, then my guess is that you're the third owner; reasoning is that first owner would not place 180; second owner had no clue for whatever reason that you know yourself from your culture. I say that because very very few Americans with zero understanding of a super bike would ride a liter; idk about your area but can easily see a non rider on a super just going slow in some areas of the world.

Code's book will teach you how to think about the bike while riding. You think like the bike, the bike will be happy. Not joking.
That's what i though too, esp beside my z1000 with pirelli angel gt 190/55, the tires looked slim. But it is in fact a 190/55 too, just a different brand, it's a bridgestone.

With regards to the mechanic, he didn't do his job because his job was to check the condition of the bike both externally and internally. A broken tail light, broken tail fairing, corroded clutch cover, broken front bracket(the one that holds the side mirror), misaligned plastic bits, rusty bits, and etc. My instruction was to check if the bike is in A1 or like-new condition. Any of those listed would mean it is not, plus i asked those specific questions and his answers were always yeah it's fine. Never mentioned to me any of those issues.

With regards to riding, i started out with an 05 zx10r, started slow til i got better, shifted to a z1000, now i'm on this bike but the z1000 is still here too. The zx10r, in the condition it is in, is so much easier to ride fast, so much easier to corner with, the only downside i see is comfort.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I gave the bike a test ride yesterday and after the ride i noticed some oil in the upper left portion of the pic. That's an old pic before the throttle body clamps were installed, but it's that spot. It doesn't smell like oil but maybe because the oil is new. Anyone have this problem and can point out where the oil is coming from? Also I should mention it was only a short 90km ride and the breather hose from the tank is still not attached, i can't find find them here yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
I gave the bike a test ride yesterday and after the ride i noticed some oil in the upper left portion of the pic. That's an old pic before the throttle body clamps were installed, but it's that spot. It doesn't smell like oil but maybe because the oil is new. Anyone have this problem and can point out where the oil is coming from? Also I should mention it was only a short 90km ride and the breather hose from the tank is still not attached, i can't find find them here yet.

Sounds like the drain hose from airbox might not have been reinstalled or the attachment to the crankcase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Sounds like the drain hose from airbox might not have been reinstalled or the attachment to the crankcase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will look for the airbox drain hose. But the tank hose, 2 of them, are not attached.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts