Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have decided to finish my garage. i will be posting before and after pics as soon as its finished. lets see some of your garages! do you guys and gals know any good websites where i can see some finished garages.

:thumbsup:

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts
:cool:Okay zxtener, are we talkin finished as in removed the garage door and converted to living room or finished as in a plushed out area in which to tinker with the toys we love?

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
:cool:Okay zxtener, are we talkin finished as in removed the garage door and converted to living room or finished as in a plushed out area in which to tinker with the toys we love?
:+1:

Both are somewhat different concepts.

In my basement I painted the cinder block walls with white waterproof paint, the floor with gray epoxy paint, hung some 8 foot florescent lights, shelfs, a table (like they throw wrestlers thru) and a small refigerator to limit trips up the stairs.

Then a 8 foot peg board on one wall, a dedicated eletrical outlet for the air compressor, a small AC unit in one wall, a Handy lift for my bike, a No Mar tire changer, a TV and lounge chair, my boxing equipment, speed bag, heavy bag and striking bag.

Washer and dryer had to stay due to no where else to put them.

And this is ALL in the back 1/3 of my basement. The front 2/3rds is for parking the 4 wheel vehicles and is seperated by a wall.

JJ

Attachments

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
^^pretty sweet right there,^^

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
:+1:

Both are somewhat different concepts.

In my basement I painted the cinder block walls with white waterproof paint, the floor with gray epoxy paint, hung some 8 foot florescent lights, shelfs, a table (like they throw wrestlers thru) and a small refigerator to limit trips up the stairs.

Then a 8 foot peg board on one wall, a dedicated eletrical outlet for the air compressor, a small AC unit in one wall, a Handy lift for my bike, a No Mar tire changer, a TV and lounge chair, my boxing equipment, speed bag, heavy bag and striking bag.

Washer and dryer had to stay due to no where else to put them.

And this is ALL in the back 1/3 of my basement. The front 2/3rds is for parking the 4 wheel vehicles and is seperated by a wall.

JJ

Sweet set up man :thumbsup:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks fellas. garage journal is great! still going to be a garage. i am doing all the drywall right now. i am going to heat it in the winter and air conditioned in the summer. i still want to work in it. i am looking for paint ideas.

i am thinking two tone gray walls with kawasaki green divider lines with two thin black lines to to seperate the two gray tones? not sure as to how good it will look? i am not real sure as to what the concrete floor will be yet?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats one awesome garage!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts