Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know if there is a way to get the gas cap completely off the tank!! Even the guts that remain once your cap is off.. Does this unscrew completely off the tank or is it spot welded and a permanent fixture. If so, is it possible to remove the fuel pump and get your hand up inside to the roof of the tank to screw a lock nut onto a through wall fitting? BASICALLY I AM WANTING ACCESS WHERE I CAN GET MY HAND INSIDE THE TANK..

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
You won't be able to get your hand in threw the fill hole. Now going in through the fuel pump gives you a some access but what on earth are you doing to want hand access in your tank???

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You won't be able to get your hand in threw the fill hole. Now going in through the fuel pump gives you a some access but what on earth are you doing to want hand access in your tank???
Bought a 1/4" ID fuel hose and a 1/4" inline check valve along with some fittings that will come out the top of my tank for venting when using a quick dump fuel can. Oh the fittings that secure to the tank are top notch too and I had to buy 25 at a time, so if you need a couple, hit me up..

http://www.nexternal.com/pneumadyne/images/SBF-170-1_4.jpg

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I see what you are talkling about now. Well from what I've scene a hole is drilled into the top of the tank and then a nut is pretty much welded to the top and the tank is repainted. But that's how I've scene them done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts