Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im in the process of building a TRE for my gen1 by using a 10k ohm resistor but needing a lil help... my question is do anybody no which wires you tap into on the green connector located underneath the airbox and how far clockwise do you rotate the tps sensor ? any help anybody can share will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
zx, thought ur flies were removed. tps on main throttle? it regulates fueling and timing for the ecu. dont need to touch that. just reinstalled son's after milling main shaft, set to .65 volts dc at 1100 rpm idle and progresses to 3.90 volts dc at wot. it affects both timing and afr.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zx, thought ur flies were removed. tps on main throttle? it regulates fueling and timing for the ecu. dont need to touch that. just reinstalled son's after milling main shaft, set to .065 volts dc at 1100 rpm idle and progresses to 3.90 volts dc at wot. it affects both timing and afr.
flies are removed... ivans and danosperformance states in there instructions when you purchase there TRE that you have to rotate the tps sensor clockwise. my question is i need to no how much and which wires to tap into on the green connector under the airbox.

·
Registered
227 Posts
thx man dat answers one question :thumbsup: do you remember which wires you had to unplug on the green connector and hook up to the TRE ?
Damn wish I could but ill be tearing her down on Monday to put in a cam so I can check then if u don't already find out

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
flies are removed... ivans and danosperformance states in there instructions when you purchase there TRE that you have to rotate the tps sensor clockwise. my question is i need to no how much and which wires to tap into on the green connector under the airbox.
I can help you with this but if you removed the TBs than don't think you need this now. There are 2 sensors one for the secondaries which you removed the other is the TPS main sensor don't mess with that it's factory set and can ruin your TB's.

bloo

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can help you with this but if you removed the TBs than don't think you need this now. There are 2 sensors one for the secondaries which you removed the other is the TPS main sensor don't mess with that it's factory set and can ruin your TB's.

bloo
im guessing you meant i removed the sec flies :dontknow: if so why you think it would ruin my TB's by rotating the tps sensor like ivan and danosperformance recomend ? i would think its a reason why they put that in the instructions when you purchase there TRE.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
im guessing you meant i removed the sec flies :dontknow: if so why you think it would ruin my TB's by rotating the tps sensor like ivan and danosperformance recomend ? i would think its a reason why they put that in the instructions when you purchase there TRE.
Yeah sorry forgot to type that :lol: yeah I meant the sec flies are removed and the consensus has always been if you remove the flies don't really need a TRE anymore to eliminate the on-off throttle abruptness. The sensor I was talking about is for the main TPS not the secondaries don't mess with that it's on the left side of the TBs. I have moved the Sec. sensor before I think I ended up putting it back in position because of starting issues or High Idle issues on start.

Green with red tracer and black buddy

I can also confirm this is the right colors off the green connector ^^^^

bloo

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Hey ZX sorry I didn't respond to your PM I had a bunch in there and forgot to reply.

Ya know I dont know exactly why they want you to rotate your TPS because the timing in neutral (TRE) is the same in 80 to 100% in the ECU... so unless if you rotate that TPS to think wide open throttle is only 60% throttle thats the only thing I could see you benefiting from this... but I honestly don't know how much that could vary the TPS sensor.

If you wanna see a comparison of your normal timing vs neutral click on the link below.

You can see that 60% throttle vs 100% from 11000 rpms up it has about .7 more advance.... from what I have seen about every 2 degrees pulled winds up costing about 1hp so your looking at .7hp from rotating that throttle?

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1341419&postcount=40

Ya know now that I have my dyno up and running I just might have to do some testing!

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah sorry forgot to type that :lol: yeah I meant the sec flies are removed and the consensus has always been if you remove the flies don't really need a TRE anymore to eliminate the on-off throttle abruptness. The sensor I was talking about is for the main TPS not the secondaries don't mess with that it's on the left side of the TBs. I have moved the Sec. sensor before I think I ended up putting it back in position because of starting issues or High Idle issues on start.

I can also confirm this is the right colors off the green connector ^^^^

bloo
its cool bloo :lol: but i have heard even with the flies removed its still some gain to be made with a tre exspeacially in low rpms... yea the sensor i was talking about is located on the top of the TB'S in the middle... ima do like the manufactors state and see how it goes and report back.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Hey ZX sorry I didn't respond to your PM I had a bunch in there and forgot to reply.

Ya know I dont know exactly why they want you to rotate your TPS because the timing in neutral (TRE) is the same in 80 to 100% in the ECU... so unless if you rotate that TPS to think wide open throttle is only 60% throttle thats the only thing I could see you benefiting from this... but I honestly don't know how much that could vary the TPS sensor.

If you wanna see a comparison of your normal timing vs neutral click on the link below.

You can see that 60% throttle vs 100% from 11000 rpms up it has about .7 more advance.... from what I have seen about every 2 degrees pulled winds up costing about 1hp so your looking at .7hp from rotating that throttle?

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1341419&postcount=40

Ya know now that I have my dyno up and running I just might have to do some testing!
hey garth your good man... wat 10k ohm resistor wattage do you recomend i use ? and i was just wondering why both companies would state that in there instructions if there really wasnt a reason... do you think its necessary to rotate the tps or will i be fine without doing it ? and thx for the link :thumbsup:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I honeslty do not know man... TRE's are something I've never messed with simply because I've never seen TRUE dyno sheets on the gen 1s that are realistic ya know??? but maybe I'll do one on my buddies gen 1... hes makin 176hp as it sits now, I'm sure hed love to be up to 178? lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts