Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice from a experience riders only. I have a 07 zx10r and I just made 2300 miles on it and the Qualifiers that came with is gone I need new tires and cannot find a size 190/55 what difference will it make if I put the 190/50 on it. Please let me know.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I am sure someone else will chime in here....the 07 is set up for the 55 series so that is what NEEDS to be on the bike. Also I have a couple of buds on an 04 that think the 55 is great on that bike as well. :beer:

·
Registered
448 Posts
i dont no if they made the 2007 zx10 diffrent than the 06 zx10,if they did you sure cant tell my buddy has an 07 zx10r limited edition and i have an 06 and they look and perform identically except mine pulls harder,ok i got a metzler sportteck 190/50/17,and it rides good i couldnt tell no diffrence and my stock tire was the quilifier 190/55/17

·
Registered
945 Posts
if youre an aggressive street/track rider then you may notice the difference. you'll need to raise the rear somehow or lowering the front a bit may help compensate for the shorter tire.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
Bridgestone has something for you in the correct size, too.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I found PPs to be an improvemnt over the oem qualifiers even in the 50 instead of 55 series. I will try a 55 rear again - but my last two sets have been 50s with no problems.

·
Registered
625 Posts
put a 5mm spacer above the shock and use a 190/50 you'll still have less turn in but the spacer should help with the front end turn in ability. I run a Elka rear shock with adjustable height so I ran a 190/55 this weekend at the track and also a 190/60, just a few spins of the nut to raise the height about 5-6 mm and I was ready to go for the 190/60.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
i dont no if they made the 2007 zx10 diffrent than the 06 zx10,if they did you sure cant tell my buddy has an 07 zx10r limited edition and i have an 06 and they look and perform identically except mine pulls harder,ok i got a metzler sportteck 190/50/17,and it rides good i couldnt tell no diffrence and my stock tire was the quilifier 190/55/17
yup the 50 aspect ratio makes the tire a little smaller in general thus creating more torque on take offs. Thats why yours pulls harder than your buddy's.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,756 Posts
yup the 50 aspect ratio makes the tire a little smaller in general thus creating more torque on take offs. Thats why yours pulls harder than your buddy's.
Not only that, but the smaller 50-series weighs less too and is rotating. Combination of regearing and less rotational weight mean more acceleration. Not a lot, but noticable.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The two biggest differences are overall diameter and profile. Either one is a fine tire to ride on, street or track. Though to get the best handling out of each, a slightly different suspension setting is required. Now, if you are only street ridding your bike, you may not even need to play with the suspension. I just had my 06 out to Road America yesterday and I can tell you that turn in is great with the 190/55. If it were a 190/50, I would have had to put more effort into "flicking" the bike into a corner. The other thing you give up is traction at the edge of the tire. Once again, for the street it is not a big deal at all. Now, even with a stock sized rear a few shims would be a great idea in the rear shock. Mostly because the bike doesn't like to "finish" a corner all that well. Turning in is fine, but once you try to get back on the throttle you should notice a tendency for the bike to start running wide on corner exit. More rear ride hight will help with that...along with giving quicker turn in yet, so don't throw in more than 5mm at a time (not to say all you need is 5mm, but go in steps rather than leaps and bounds). When it comes to tire brands, my 10 has Metzler's on it right now, but I will be putting on Pirelli Corsa III's once they are done. I have never ridden a longer lasting, yet high grip tire. With a set of them on my 636, I was turning 2'46" at Road America on Monday...which is a fairly quick pace around there (2'13" was Hacking's qualifying Superbike time last year)!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts