Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all My 2009 ZX10r is having a slight vibrating noise and its starting to annoy me, i had my local dealer look at it and they said that i prolly have to take my gauge out and put some tape behind it.....The sound,sounds like if the windscreen bolts wernt tight,its coming from the front of the bike like under the gauge...has anyone experienced this issue....and if so does anyone know how to remove the gauge properly so i can fix this.....

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Should be pretty straight forward, remove mirrors, windscreen, front cowl, and should be bolts in the back of the fairing stay that let the gauge move freely, no need to unplug them.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Should be pretty straight forward, remove mirrors, windscreen, front cowl, and should be bolts in the back of the fairing stay that let the gauge move freely, no need to unplug them.
Exactly what he said.. Your gauge cluster should have rubber grommets that attach the gauge to your fairing stay and you might have had one come off somehow..

·
Registered
13 Posts
the only thing that holds ur gauge is two bolts in from each side into the neck and the 4 windscreen bolts. and that front end is not exactly easy to pull apart since the turn signals plug in under the cluster.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fixed

OK so i finally fixed it......Heres what happened....i took the windscreen off and the gauge bolts off...behind the gauge is a little silver brakcet that holds the wires in place to the bike( thats what was loose and rattiling like crazy) so i tighted it up and put it all back on and WALA Fix ....thanks for all that posted

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hey was it this one? Mine isn't loose really, but isn't holding the wires or plugs at all.

Check out the wire insulation being worn through. 2100 miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hmm mine was tight. I wonder if since it wasn't bent down or holding the wires/plugs tight it was causing a noise. I also found another one of those wire retention brackets pressing up against the backside of the cowl kinda behind the right side fork. Not sure if it fixed it yet. Went for a ride with the windscreen off and I don't think it was as bad but I thought that I still heard something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts