Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday i was riding with a buddy of mine in the mountains,and as I was coming back down my fuel light came on..thought it was no biggie! So i rode the bike in neutral because it was down hill. As i was coming down the little red light started flashing,thought maybe it was because of the fuel. As I got to the gas station the bike died completely,starting with cluster then motor choked.:(
After i put gas i push started it on and was able to get about a mile down the road when it died again. So i got someone to charge the battery and it stalled at a stoplight and died again! Has anyone had this happen??Pls help i'd appreciate it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also installed a car HID a few days ago an it burned the fuse of my headlight. Never got around to fixing it :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
It is the stator..... I just changed mine yesterday... for some reason they go bad... order from motorcycle superstore

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
in the process of swapping the stator..am i going to across the flywheel? do i need special tools? sorry im not much of a mechanic guy,just wanna make sure

·
Registered
228 Posts
in the process of swapping the stator..am i going to across the flywheel? do i need special tools? sorry im not much of a mechanic guy,just wanna make sure
Find the sticky in the tech section for the service manual, download it, and it will detail the process for swapping them out. Good luck

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Here is a how to, its pretty easy...pm if you need a hand with anything!

If you have stands it will help! Make sure you have a small drip pan because a small amount of oil will come out when you crack the stator cover.

1. start by removing your lower on the left side
2. unplug the stator plug.
3. remove the bolts from the stator/generator cover
4. crack the case & remove the stator & generator cover with it.(due to the magnetic it may be kinda hard.) I tend to use a small flat head screw drive so I don't mess up the gasket too
5. remove the old stator/magnetic from the stator/generator cover.
6. put new part in and put everything back together(don't over tighten any bolts)

DONE!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank u very much this is going to help alot! now im just going to order the new OE stator and follow the instructions.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Here is a how to, its pretty easy...pm if you need a hand with anything!

If you have stands it will help! Make sure you have a small drip pan because a small amount of oil will come out when you crack the stator cover.

1. start by removing your lower on the left side
2. unplug the stator plug.
3. remove the bolts from the stator/generator cover
4. crack the case & remove the stator & generator cover with it.(due to the magnetic it may be kinda hard.) I tend to use a small flat head screw drive so I don't mess up the gasket too
5. remove the old stator/magnetic from the stator/generator cover.
6. put new part in and put everything back together(don't over tighten any bolts)

DONE!
:+2: Great advise:thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I took the battery to get charged..since that what im starting with, and the bike turned on fine. i rode around for about half hour and left it on and no sign of it dieing. but my speedotmeter still doesnt mark my speed.

·
Registered
191 Posts
This post makes me curious... I wonder if the stator fried because it was not getting enough oil when coasting in neutral?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts