Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a set of Greggs mirror block off plates, they came powdercoted black.

The holes / pins align well but the problem I have with them is that the 'pins' are too big to go throught the bracket see pics below

Anybody else got that problem with mirror block off plates, specially with the Greggs?

Seems I got few option...

1- either return them and get another product...assuming I wont have the same problem I haven't contacted the vendor yet (it' a forum sponsor and I don't think i'll have any problems with them...but just want to have more info before I do that)

2- machine them down a bit

3- drill bigger hole in my fairing bracket

any comment / suggestion?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I've used Gregg's stuff for a few years now and it's always been perfect. I don't know if that part of the bike changed from GEN1 to GEN2 but if it did, did they send you the correct part for your bike? Like I said, everything I've gotten from them has been really well done. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've used Gregg's stuff for a few years now and it's always been perfect. I don't know if that part of the bike changed from GEN1 to GEN2 but if it did, did they send you the correct part for your bike? Like I said, everything I've gotten from them has been really well done. :dontknow:
when i ordered it I beleive the part number is the same from Gen1 to Gen 2....

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I have Gregg's on my '06. The fit like a factory fit.
They didn't have any green ones and gave me a rocking deal on some black ones. I painted them green and I've got several comments on how good they look.
Have had to reclearcoat them several times. Messed up the finish using harsh products trying to get the track rubber off my fairing. Lesson learned!

Ya might give them a call directly and see what's up with your fit!

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
Greggs Customs should have fit perfectly unless there are two different ones for the gen1 and 2...

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I was in contact with Gregg at Greggscustoms...and he was supprised too.

I measured all my part and got these mesurement for my Gen 2

Mirror stalk pins O.D. 15/64 inch
Fairing bracket holes I.D. 16/64 inch
Greggs mirro block off palters stalks O.D. 17/64

Can someone with a Gen2 confirm that they have the same fairing bracket holes / mirors stalk measurments?

thanks

·
Registered
973 Posts
That..

Sorry you're having trouble dude, I hate when that happens!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts