Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some self adhesive foam for my seat from E-Racing...but my first attemps at cutting it with a brand new exacto-blade have made a miserable looking jaggered edge seat.

What can i used to smooth it out...what kind of tool do you need to use to cut foam?

Also at E-racing they were telling me about some foam called Valcor, that could be found in office suply store... I can't find any...anyone knows what it is?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
use a electric carving knife and then hand sand it to smooth form

·
Registered
2,106 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
use a electric carving knife and then hand sand it to smooth form
Well rep sent my friend! :thumbsup:

So this is what my edges looked like after cutting with an exacto blade

I followed your lead...and i found I had a cheese grader type thing for doing ruff sanding of fiberglass.

So I used that with 60 grit sand paper.

So resculpting with the cheese grader file did this...

Then sanding it down with the 60 grit sand paper made it nice...

so after some minor adjustment and triming the edges with scissors i arrived at this

and a dorsal part

and after install

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
I must say that you have done really good job overall on this project. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I got some self adhesive foam for my seat from E-Racing...but my first attemps at cutting it with a brand new exacto-blade have made a miserable looking jaggered edge seat.

What can i used to smooth it out...what kind of tool do you need to use to cut foam?

Also at E-racing they were telling me about some foam called Valcor, that could be found in office suply store... I can't find any...anyone knows what it is?
Valcor......hmmm......sounds like velcro.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
That looks really clean and good job on the paint scheme.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts