Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Ask Ivan he is now a Sponsor on this Site again.

being that your in the yay area I suspect it has to do with plugging the emissions crap for that mod. :dontknow:

also check out BDs "how to" in the "product reviews and how to's" section of this forum it might help to think what you need to plug :idea:

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16268

·
Registered
987 Posts
i didnt need some of that stuff on my install, you just got extra parts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Yes I do have a 2005 CA bike..
and I told them what my bike is when I ordered.
my question wasn't directed at you Lucky but gldnchildek9 that said he had a "extra parts" but his Signature says he owns a non-cali 2006 ZX10R :badteeth::dontknow:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
The kit is meant to fit a few different makes and models (ie. R1 uses the same plates) The red plug goes on the airbox and the red screw type plug (ZX14 airbox plug) and BOTH #3 black plugs are extra parts. Take the black plug out from under the red cap as it may get sucked into the airbox. Now go ride:thumbsup:

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The kit is meant to fit a few different makes and models (ie. R1 uses the same plates) The red plug goes on the airbox and the red screw type plug (ZX14 airbox plug) and BOTH #3 black plugs are extra parts. Take the black plug out from under the red cap as it may get sucked into the airbox. Now go ride:thumbsup:
thanks...
So just to make it clear...

On my 2005 CA bike, I only need #1.. the others are not needed.. Am i correct?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
No you. If you removed all the smog crap you need to plug up the two lines that go to the throttle bodies and the red line coming out of the tank on a CA model.

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No you. If you removed all the smog crap you need to plug up the two lines that go to the throttle bodies and the red line coming out of the tank on a CA model.

WOW Im more confused now..

I just replaced the stock plates with ivans..
I did not remove the charcoal canister...
So.. do I REALLY NEED the rest of the plugs ?

·
Registered
987 Posts
my question wasn't directed at you Lucky but gldnchildek9 that said he had a "extra parts" but his Signature says he owns a non-cali 2006 ZX10R :badteeth::dontknow:
sorry not used to the bs cali laws....that sh*t blows:shit:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I would remove the charcoal canister while you are at it. Simple to do. But if you are not removing the canister all you need is the large cap #1 to plug up the hole to the throttle bodies. The other two is for the canister lines. There are two that go to the throttle body and you need to plug the red line to the tank on CA models.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I would remove the charcoal canister while you are at it. Simple to do. But if you are not removing the canister all you need is the large cap #1 to plug up the hole to the throttle bodies. The other two is for the canister lines. There are two that go to the throttle body and you need to plug the red line to the tank on CA models.
:+1:

get rid that canister, you will thank yourself when you remove the right fairing in the future....less Junk up Front :lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts