Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I attempted to replace the fork seal on my 3 GEN. But, ran into a problem. I purchased a fork compressor from motion pro (this enables me to compress the fork so I can get to the lock nut) but when I compress the fork with tool, the tool bottoms out on the top of the fork before I can gain access to the lock nut. So, the way the tool work is, it has a threaded ring which two threaded handles screw into the ring and then screw into the holes into the damper tube. Any tips from anyone that has done this, would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get a steel bar and some ratchet straps. Slid the bar through the axle hole and then attach 1 strap to each side of the fork from the bar to the motionpro handle. slowly alternate ratcheting each side little by little keeping the bar and the Motion pro tool level to each other. This will compress the spring for you and allow your hands free to work on the jam nut. Once the motionpro tool is against the fork pull up on the fork cap, this will allow access to the jam nut.

I am by no means a fan of this method because things can go wrong in a hurry. BUT its the easiest way to get to the jam nut if your working by yourself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts