Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I got a 2011 ZX-10R 2 weeks ago with 19k miles and I鈥檝e put 300 miles on it. I rode the bike to my buddy鈥檚 house to put it on a trailer and take it to Chuckwalla, but I started it back up after I got to my buddy鈥檚 house and I heard kind of loud pop and then white smoke started coming out of the air intake and around the bottom of the tank. I immediately turned off the bike and haven鈥檛 touched it since. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be or how I would go about troubleshooting the problem?

The Pace
First thought: he found an '11 with 19k miles! Then, white smoke? Nothing makes sense. Then read above mattinrsm tech report and that made immediate sense: I holed a radiator and had white smoke around me, not thick, when came out off loop and hit a city section while waiting at stop light.

So, check coolant level on right side to confirm if low, then have tech guy sort out the pathway. I suspect a loose connection, but not sure, as my '11 have been sitting out of service in garage since early 2014 or so; I suspect a blown valve.

Your problem does not sound serious, just a glitch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts