Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the LeoVince fullsystem for my 09... all good until it was on the dyno. exhaust starting leaking around the collector down around the bottom.. my mech put some hi-temp copper sealant on all the joints, that stopped the leak down there but now it's leaking worse around the head... My mech is well known and experienced he thinks it's a LeoVince issue since he's done more than is needed... contacted Luis @LeoVince, he's been great so far talking with my mech, making suggestions, but also said that we shouldn't have to do what were doing to make it stop leaking. Luis @ LeoVince said that he would talk to the warranty manager and possibly send me new everything but the can.... help guys... advice? anyone had this happen? with LeoVince? I want this exhaust as it gave my bike a 9ft lb torque increase in the mid range.... huge difference... Im really bummed... install problem? or manufacturer problem?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
did you reuse the gasket or did you replace it with a new one?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I'm just saying because the old gaskets have been heated and will probably have formed to the contours of you old manifold pipes...that's why the manual recommends using new ones....I would start there first

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Well maybe his gaskets got damaged somehow and that's what's causing the leak? i dunno maybe?

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
almost sounds like some sorta blockage in the exhaust...
Nothin against lv an all but the only exhaust i like that they make is the gp2 slip on...Im goin by looks only..
hhhmmmmm wonder if i can buy the header part and use the slip on would it be the same as fulls system..hhhmmm

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
problem resolved guys. replaced the gaskets and used hi-temp copper sealent.... sounds awesome and gave the bike ridiculous torque in the mid-range and screams up top now....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts