Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because the light bulb size is different btw the new and old signals, the new signals blink much faster.
Does anyone have a fix for this...ie a resistor in the wiring or something like that...or do I just live with it?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
If you are using LED style bulbs int eh system they will flash fast as LED do not have the load ability like regular bulbs do. I ahve seen some try to make their own resistor set ups, make sure you are giving them some room as they will put off some heat that is why the aftermarket ones have huge heat sinks on them.

If you get rid of the load dependant relay and put in a non load dependant you will cure this problem, the system just will not tell you if you have a bulb out anymore.

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
I have the libertek relay on my R1, and it lets you adjust the flasher speed.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
The Clear Alternatives tail light comes with 2 ballasts to slow the blink rate down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Clear Alternatives just released a Heavy Duty Electronic Flasher. Most applications are plug and play, for $15 you can't beat it. Lots better than messing around with installing the ceramic resistors.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
JBJ said:
Because the light bulb size is different btw the new and old signals, the new signals blink much faster.
Does anyone have a fix for this...ie a resistor in the wiring or something like that...or do I just live with it?
are you referring to the OEM Euro signals?? if so you simply insert the US version bulbs in the Euro signals and its all good.

BD

·
Man About Town
1,076 Posts
Or this maybe?

Trickflasher.com

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
That trick flasher would mess me up man. That is crazy. It reminds me of that chinese or japanese animation flashing around that supposedly put little kids in a trace or something. I'd be afraid it make the driver behind me run into me cause they didn't know what the heck was going on!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Resistors, ready with diode and housing, $14 for a pair @ Targa.

Or Your local Radioshack, buy ~6 Ohms ~10w. Paralell wire them (+ to -) on every cable pair.
Note: They get warm, dont install them close to a painted surface.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Ground Zero said:
You can also go to any auto parts store and get a EL12 flasher relay for around $5 and replace the OEM flasher relay. Works great!. If you run a search here you will find some more info on it. Very easy to do.
:+1:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts