Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as it says it up top!!! I was riding the bike today and got something on my gauges, I went to wipe it off and due to my kevlar glove put a ugly freaking scratch on the bottom piece of plexiglass/plastic cause I doubt they use real glass for the gauges ect. Does anyone know how to get rid of it, cause a new gauge cover is $68.50 from kawasaki and that just adds to me being pissed off!!! Its a 1" small scratch that doesnt feel like it has depth at all, more like a surface scratch but it stands out pretty bad....I'm open for every opinion as long as it doesnt say deal with it or buy a new LOL!!!

give me your .02 cents :thumbsup:

·
Registered
292 Posts
If its not deep try toothpaste first as a buffing agent. Then if that doesn't completely remove the scratch try brasso or similar product.

I used to use them on my last cars plastic headlights to remove scratches and discolouration.

·
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks bro, I have been waiting for someone to start to take notice in this thread, but I hope by the end of the day I have enough feed back where I can hit up pepboys or something!!!

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Meguires makes a plastic polish that works pretty good,..think it's called Plastix or something!

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Plexxus is pretty good.

·
Registered
772 Posts
the meguiars product is called scratchx, and it works pretty good. if i was you, i would go to the parts store, and purchase the headlight restoring kit. it will come with a few different pads to go on a drill, and some compound. after a couple steps of very fine sandpaper pads, you will add the compound and buff it out. scratchx works, but you should buy some 800, 1000, and 2000 grit sandpaper to successively sand the lens. then you would buff it with the scratchx. the kit comes with everything you need, and is a lot easier because you get to use a drill instead of your elbow.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had the same problem with my bike exactly. I just used the Meguirs Scratchx over the weekend, not a trace of the scratch left. I just used a microfiber wax applicator and buffed the area and the entire display with Scratchx two-three times. Now its as good if not better than new. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
You only need some sort of light polishing compound! No need for any sandpaper of any sort. The scratch will come out with 2,3 or 4 applications. Been there done it.:thumbsup:

·
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you guys, I had the same thing happen with my cbr last year but didnt care all that much haha, but this one was two freaking big to leave alone...thank you I'm hitting up pepboys friday after I get paid

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
thank you guys, I had the same thing happen with my cbr last year but didnt care all that much haha, but this one was two freaking big to leave alone...thank you I'm hitting up pepboys friday after I get paid
Let me rephrase my last statement... I used plain old glaze to get the scratch out of my speedo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts