Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked through this website but I'm looking for some simple instructions on removing the smog junk on a CA ZX10. I'm setting it up for racing and want to get rid of all of that junk. Also the butterfly valve on the exhaust do I want to keep that or remove it or keep it open. If I decide to put a aftermarket exhaust or slip-on on what do i do with this valve?

Thanks for the help

Garth

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Well the cali stuff is a pain in the butt to remove, and if you do it wrong well we had a member have his tank collapse. Anyway if you get a full system or a slip on with a mid pipe it will get rid of the valve

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Hi Garth.........GP told me you were buying a 10r :cool: I think he likes his new toy as well.

I'll PM the smog/ AIS info.

BD

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
performance: slip-ons, master cylinders, brake lines/pads, PC3s, gearings
that is all this bike really needs.
looks: euro signals, sticker removal, wheel stripes, & seat cowl

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
gman19 said:
Thanks man. So I just cap everything off.
No,No,NO everything isn't caped off, if you do the tank will cave in!!! as it can't vent!

ahem>>>>>>>>(1) hose connected to the blue nipple and routed along the inside of the RH frame spar and then routed across the backside of the FI bodies where a ‘T’ fitting is inserted so that the overflow/vent hose from the left hand side can be connected for proper venting purposes.

BD

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So what do I not cap off. Just the line that goes to the T? Is there any simple instructions?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts