Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
make sure you flat the washer cuz I didnt flaten my all the way and I couldnt get it loose

·
Registered
658 Posts
You have to completly make the lock washer flat or you will be there for ever. you also need an impact gun or you will never get off. torque value when you put it back on is 92 ft lb...
not necesseraly you will need an impact gun, but it would help though, what I did is I put a piece of wood between my wheen and my swing arm and then untied the nut

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Outside is stripped. I did use n impact but the bigger part of the nut is not stripped I might just cut that nut and put anew one. :dontknow:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Outside is stripped. I did use n impact but the bigger part of the nut is not stripped I might just cut that nut and put anew one. :dontknow:
ouch, did you make the nut washer completely flat though?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Flat very flat. How come my friends 06 zx10 he said his was reverse tread that why I was trying reverse tread. Now im going lefty loosy then stripped the nut how much for those nuts anyway

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
cant be to bad, I had a problem like this a couple years back but yeah sounds to me like your going to be cutting a bolt off, good luck and try not to damage anything!!! I would like to say to your friend that hes a freaking idot for telling you that lol haha!!! I know on my 08cbr last year there was only one nut/bolt combo that was reverse thread, I think there isnt a single one on these zx10r's, Id say to your friend thanks man, now I stripped my bolt, but in the same sense your the one that sat there and kept trying it so...Either way its kinda funny but good luck LOL

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
best thing to do is take the bike for a 20 to 30 minn ride heat everything up and then when ya get home break that nut off while its nice and warm... prob make things alot easier ..

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Glad I had to change mine 2 days ago. I was able to spin it off right after I flattened the washer with a simple nudge.

Left to loose. Are you putting a block of wood between the wheel so it doesn't spin and use a long bar to add more leverage? It's a 27mm for the 04/05.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Those things can be a pain the ass to get off. Last time I tried it on my wifes Katana, I finally broke it loose with about 5 foot of cheater bar. I had to lean on it with everything I had, it popped, and I kissed the handlebar on the way down. Bit a hole through my bottom lip. Took a trip to the ER, 4 stitches, and about $500 in med bills to get that one fixed:sad:

Get an impact wrench and a 6 point socket. NOT a crappy Harbor-freight impact gun....I have one and it doesn't work too well. Get a REAL one, that will lay down 350-400 lb ft of torque. That should do the trick.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Those things can be a pain the ass to get off. Last time I tried it on my wifes Katana, I finally broke it loose with about 5 foot of cheater bar. I had to lean on it with everything I had, it popped, and I kissed the handlebar on the way down. Bit a hole through my bottom lip. Took a trip to the ER, 4 stitches, and about $500 in med bills to get that one fixed:sad:

Get an impact wrench and a 6 point socket. NOT a crappy Harbor-freight impact gun....I have one and it doesn't work too well. Get a REAL one, that will lay down 350-400 lb ft of torque. That should do the trick.
Ya I got a good impact and 6 point that impact would not break it off. My gun is a ingersaw rand I think thats how you spell it, and its the titanium one. So its a pretty good gun.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts