Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 ZX10r I have a Arata full titanium exhaust, and a bmc race air filter, and i have removed the secondairy butterflys. with my arata map and my custom dyno map, im throwing huge flames out of the exhaust, blue and yellow flames, Prior to removing the secondary's, i still threw small blue flames, and that was ok, but now the flames are yellow and im afraid its gonna destroy my motor. i was wondering if any body might have any ideas. I dont really want to go back to zero map due to power loss. and cant really afford to get it dyno tuned right this min... Your assistance would be greatly appreciated..

Thank you
Shane

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Do you have block offs installed? If that's the case you might wanna get back to the tuner, or possbily even a different tuner ASAP.

·
Registered
700 Posts
They bock off the pair valves. It lets air into the exhaust to burn any un burnt fuel before if hit the atmosphere. There on the valve cover. do a search.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Well the block offs aren't a big deal I guess, it won't cause damage to the motor as it lets clean air into the exhaust. I guess the major thing with block offs is the tune. They allow proper A/F ratio to be read when dyno tuning, so basically without block off's your custom tune is crap. Get some block off plates, and go get it tuned again. Ivan's has them for $35 plus shipping I believe, and is a site sponsor here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok i found a map on power commander for a arrow exhaust, stock or aftermarket filter, and secondarys removed. do u think that would work better than the arata map with stock or aftermarket exhaust

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
It's worth a shot. When I first had my bike tuned the place I was at sucked and it was extremely lean, so I put a Barracuda map or something that I thought was close to it on there. You could try an Akra map or whatever you think is closest to your set up. I know dyno tuning is expensive but it's usually the best route, but block off plates should be your first step towards getting rid of any flames/popping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts