Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
WOW man, that makes me sooooo sad to see it like that. Looks like you are gonna have to put about 1-1.5k into it, and a good wash! Ebay is gonna be your best bet I think, go OEM if you want exact paint matches. I would worry about the tank last, just ride it as is till you find a good deal on a tank.

Needs left rear set, chain, two tires, less stickers, coolant overflow bottle, center upper, left main fairing, headlight assembly, clutch lever, stator cover, left mirror, possibly new left clip on, and grips. Maybe more, but that is what I see from the pics. Sorry about the bike man, hope the boat was not in great shape...

·
Registered
206 Posts
OMG!!! Wow that dude trashed that bike! Definately a stunted bike; however, he did not have it real long. I would strip it. Take it all the way apart and check frame/subframe. CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN as you go and put it back together and replace/fix as need be. Just my .02. Goodluck! My first bike was a wrecked R6 I put back together. I almost bit off more than I could chew.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OMG!!! Wow that dude trashed that bike! Definately a stunted bike; however, he did not have it real long. I would strip it. Take it all the way apart and check frame/subframe. CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN as you go and put it back together and replace/fix as need be. Just my .02. Goodluck! My first bike was a wrecked R6 I put back together. I almost bit off more than I could chew.
i had about $250.00 into a speedboat i got a good ass deal on. i had alot of stuff i traded for the boat. then traded boat for this

he was on the bike with his prego wife doing 80 and they both went down. baby is fine but she made him sale/trade it. i got title in hand.

frame is good. no stress cracks no spyder web nothing. good. i just bought everything i could find really that would fit an 08. sorta new bike so... it's hard to find stuff right now as replacments that are not like all jacked up amount of money.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
That should be most of it... but you still need a peg for the rear set you bought (won't match as the 08-09s are black but you can get them powdercoated). You also need the stator cover, I would not trust the JB weld job. The front ram air cover and left side mid fairing you bought are a flat black, the Blue 3rd gens come with those in gloss black but if you are painting everything then don't worry about it.

Pretty sure the headlight attaches to the upper fairings and just screws into them.

I will say this man, between the bike, the car, and the boat it sounds like you like a project!

·
Registered
554 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I believe you will need the ram air tube if it wasn't all ready mentioned. How irresponsible to put a pregnant woman on the back of the bike. I hope you smacked him upside the head after making the trade!

·
Registered
554 Posts
^^ :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

Check out this thread this guy has a lot of parts available.

Click here

·
Registered
340 Posts
Good luck with that guy on ebay named estatemtorcars for the rearset bracket. I bought a brake lever off him and it took 3 weeks to get from NY to Ohio. He also charged my for shipping insurance but never put it on the package. Bad seller IMHO!

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,958 Posts
wow I cant get over that, thats a 08 zx10r and it looks the way it does. Guy you must of got it at a steal cause the previous owner was obviously to cheap to fix the bike after he dumped it. People like this piss me off with a brand new bike, thank god you bought it and are working on it.

I also have a hotbodies transparent undertail, and stock mirrors ect and some misc parts of my 09 zx10r for sale, send me a pm and tell me whats up!!! Good luck though

·
Guilty by association
8,752 Posts
i thought you were gonna go with red? looking good. i dont think i would have traded my boat for it though.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.