Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
n e body know wat size socket i need to change the front sprocket???

im in the process but it looks like i dont have the right size sockets

thanx

·
Registered
128 Posts
27MM socket and be sure to take a punch or screwdriver and flatten the soft washer/keeper that is behind the nut. You will see what I mean when you get the cover off! Just did it two days ago! Recon

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wwwoooowwwwww.... i finally put it on super easy with the impact gun and 27mm socket then everything else is easy to install... but damn wat a difference i love it i took it out for a quick spin and im a beliver lol all i need to install now is the tre and im ready to go...........

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I need an air gun. I used a 32mm socket and grabbed the back piece of the nut.
Do you have an air impact or electric? If electric works, I'm going to be cheap.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
The electric one I used wouldn't budge the nut. Ended up using a breaker bar with a four foot cheater.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
miykl said:
The electric one I used wouldn't budge the nut. Ended up using a breaker bar with a four foot cheater.
Same here, air gun did not buldge the nut. I only needed a 25" breaker bar and having a hydrolic lift to keep the bike steady doesn't hurt either.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I used a snap-on cordless 1/2 impact gun and worked great. Are you sure you flattened out the back washer first????? Before trying to remove the nut? Just a question?? Recon

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
ForceRecon said:
I used a snap-on cordless 1/2 impact gun and worked great. Are you sure you flattened out the back washer first????? Before trying to remove the nut? Just a question?? Recon
I know I flattened mine out first. I have a new digital torque reader that goes up to 150lb-ft and I tested used it to see how tight the nut was. Well never got a chance to digtal unit bleeped out because I went over the scale limit... yeah that bolt is tight. I am getting ready to take the bolt off today because of some spocket issues but I am curious to see how high the 92lb-ft that I set it at increased will report back later if anyone's interested.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceRecon

Quote:
I know I flattened mine out first. I have a new digital torque reader that goes up to 150lb-ft and I tested used it to see how tight the nut was. Well never got a chance to digtal unit bleeped out because I went over the scale limit... yeah that bolt is tight. I am getting ready to take the bolt off today because of some spocket issues but I am curious to see how high the 92lb-ft that I set it at increased will report back later if anyone's interested.

ok, even if no one is interested here it is. After only 20miles or so after tightening to manual specs at 92lb-ft the bolt torque increased to 136lb-ft and was easy to losen with my 25" breaker bar. Imagine how tight it gets after thousands of miles of riding.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Big Daddy said:
and what about the acceleration diff??

BD
Impressive! It's like pick a point on the road twist the throttle and your there. Not like that wasn't there before but now it's even faster. Seems like it would be easy to get into a bad wheely if I am not careful.. thats for sure, and that is with an extra link added and with 40t on rear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts