Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully someone can help me resolve this issue like yesterday! I have a 2011 zx10 thatgot the motor pulled and head and cams redone. Now it's throwing an 16 error code. All the traction control lights flash when u turn the key on and when the bike is started it won't rev over 6000 rpm and we can't figure out the issue?... Hopefully someone has experienced this that can give some insight. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hopefully someone can help me resolve this issue like yesterday! I have a 2011 zx10 thatgot the motor pulled and head and cams redone. Now it's throwing an 16 error code. All the traction control lights flash when u turn the key on and when the bike is started it won't rev over 6000 rpm and we can't figure out the issue?... Hopefully someone has experienced this that can give some insight. Thanks in advance
intake air pressure sensor fault

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
Probably the connector on IAP sensor 2 (as Stangs mentioned) didn't get fully connected or there is something wrong with the sensor. Should be on the left hand side of the throttle bodies by the throttle cables. One plug.

Check and see if its connected and report back.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update, I checked it (on the side with throttle cables connected to throttle body )and it was connected and if I disconnected it I'd get a code 12 and 16. There's actually another sensor on the opposite side that's identical. We tried swapping it but got the same error code 16..

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,389 Posts
^^^^Scratch that. The IAP #2 sensor in on the left side as Archer stated, just forward of the throttlebody near the throttle cable connections.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Swapped ECU's (other ecu also flashed? Swapped sensors and checked voltage which was also goof and I'm STILL getting the same code?... Lost

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,389 Posts
Swapped ECU's (other ecu also flashed? Swapped sensors and checked voltage which was also goof and I'm STILL getting the same code?... Lost
Better start checking the wiring to make sure you don't have a broken one somewhere. That code is very specific for the fault it produces. And if you swapped sensors to a known good one, it's pointing to a possible wiring issue.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,389 Posts
I would definitely be checking the ECU connectors for a bent pin as well. Especially if you've recently removed or swapped ECUs.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
If you've swapped out the sensors and ECU it points to a problem at the ECU or associated wiring.

Take a meter and start pinging the wires (steps in the manual) as well as looking for bent pins like Skydork said (on both sets of connectors; bike and ECU), as well as doing the ground and power supply checks for the ECU.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,559 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks SkyDork that's exactly what the issue was a bad ecu connection. I sprayed electrical connection cleaner on it, disconnected the battery for a while and that was it.. after 2 ENTIRE DAYS and many calls later...lil.m -_-

·
Registered
2 Posts
Could you fix? I have the same problem ...

·
Registered
2011 ZX-10R. Black bikes matter!
66 Posts
Could you fix? I have the same problem ...
I would start by making sure all of the throttle body harness connections are clean and plugged in firmly, and that the ECU connectors are clean and no pins are bent on the computer itself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would start by making sure all of the throttle body harness connections are clean and plugged in firmly, and that the ECU connectors are clean and no pins are bent on the computer itself.
I did it, everything is perfectly like new...
This bike come from another shop, they removed the engine to change head gasket and after to build, blinking ktrc, code 16 and rev limit 6k...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts