Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had a bad accident but now putting my baby back together. I purchased my bike in NC and was looking for parts for her. I bought a gas tank on ebay but the only problem after putting the gas tank on that I caught was the the gas tank has the California emissions and so there are two extra prongs sticking on at the bottom. What the Hell!!!!! Does anyone know if that can be bypassed, can I just plug that off or what. Help me please....

·
Registered
399 Posts
Relax...those extra hoses go to the charcoal canister - which the rest of the USA does not have. If you want to know 100%, I can break out my service manual and make sure as what I just said was "Off the top of my head".

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Relax...those extra hoses go to the charcoal canister - which the rest of the USA does not have. If you want to know 100%, I can break out my service manual and make sure as what I just said was "Off the top of my head".
If you dont mind please because I am ready to throw this crap in the Ditch!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol.... we are a special breed. But do I have to purchase the other items in order for this to work and can I just plug those off.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Here is another picture from another place in the manual.

What the California system does, is trap overflow fuel gasses/fuel and re-route them to the carbs. In the image above, the separator accomplishes the exchange of gases and fuel so no liquid goes into the charcoal canister. Since your bike is NOT a CA/Asia bike, there are probably no extra hoses or hardware near the injectors/throttle bodies.

The cool thing is that the ports on the tank are color coded with little stickers/paint.

There are two tubes that come out of a non-CA/Asia fuel tank. All ZX10s have the fuel return, CA/Asia have an additional pipe that comes out under the tank breather port - making three.

The port that can be plugged up - the blue port or the line that is hose (3) in the above image. The other hoses will go to what you already have.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The blue hose or the red one???

I got this schematic off this site and it looks like I should plug the RED hose and let the blue one hang down like a vent.

But it looks like you are saying it's the other way around.

The port that can be plugged up - the blue port or the line that is hose (3) in the above image. The other hoses will go to what you already have.
So to make it perfectly clear..... which hose gets plugged????
I have a '05 if that makes a difference.

I hope it's the blue one because I just plugged the red one and after it warms up it runs BAD at low RPM.

Thanks

c

1 - 11 of 11 Posts