Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm going to be buying a new handgun soon and I would like some help deciding on which one I should get, i'm not new to guns I have a glock 30sf and a AR-15 but i always wanted a 1911 so with that being said any imput will be appreciated.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Just curious, why a Kimber? They seem to be very hit and miss, I have a buddy that has 3 and two of them choked like a motherf***er. Kimber wouldn't even think about doing anything about it until he had 500rds through them. With a customer service policy like that, add the cost of 500 rounds for 45ACP to the price. Now all 3 shoot fine, but sometimes you really do need to break them in. Screw that. Check out the Dan Wesson line, I've heard nothing but great things about them.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok i'll look into them is there any model in particular you would suggest?

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Well, it really depends on what you are looking for. What is the primary use of this? Concealed carry, safe queen, range whore, or a combination of these? Oh and does it have to be brand new?

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a nice gun but a little more then i want to spend I want it more for Concealed carry and it would have to be new I don't like to buy anything thats used buy anyways thank you for your help

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Springfield XD 40 sub compact, or get ya a Taurus Judge!!! that's a bad little bastard!! JUST got rid of the one i had and miss it already dammit!! anything that can shoot a 410 shell or a 45 long colt round is a mean little fuker! owned 1 kimber so far and didn't care for it compared to what the price tag it carried was...just my:2cents:anyway.

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
Colt, all else is just a waste of time, you know you want a full on .45 ACP when the chit hits the fan

·
Registered
390 Posts
Springfield 1911 - here, best knock down - love the weight - because the gun is relatively heavy (not made of lightweight materials) - has a light recoil.

Tried and True.:cool:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Springfield 1911 - here, best knock down - love the weight - because the gun is relatively heavy (not made of lightweight materials) - has a light recoil.

Tried and True.:cool:
Yeh just incase you wounded em you can beat beat hell outa em and not break the gun.:wink:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well thank you all for your input i'll do some research on all of those.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I carry a service model Springfield XD .45 and have not ever had a jam or misfeed of any type. I have fired roughly 2500 rounds through it also. Springfield of any kind will give you a reliable handgun hands down... and for me when SHTF, reliability will always be most important.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have an eclipse pro II, and it is my favorite 1911 that I have owned. I currently have the pro II, a series 70 combat commander, and a colt .38 super government model. I also previously had a springfield 1911 government model. Now my Kimber is older, I got it right after the eclipse pro II became available. Like 2002 IIRC. This gun is the most accurate of any 1911 that I have owned, and I have never had a failure to fire regardless of ammo type. I have heard the concerns about newer Kimbers, and will say that if I got a jammer for what I paid for my Kimber, then I would be pissed.

Furthermore, I second the notion of carrying a XD compact or even a Kahr. I wouldn't enjoy concealing any 1911. Too heavy, but makes a good car gun.

Here's a target from my trusty Kimber. 20 yds standing. :machinegu

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
I carry a service model Springfield XD .45 and have not ever had a jam or misfeed of any type. I have fired roughly 2500 rounds through it also. Springfield of any kind will give you a reliable handgun hands down... and for me when SHTF, reliability will always be most important.
:+1:..always loved the springfields myself

Here's a target from my trusty Kimber. 20 yds standing. :machinegu
:eyecrazy:....you sure that isn't buckshot?!!!:heyyou:..:lol:..nice grouping man!:rocketwho

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yeh just incase you wounded em you can beat beat hell outa em and not break the gun.:wink:
Wound them? there is no wound with the .45 ACP, you could shoot them in the foot and they are gonna bleed out before the cops get there. :lol:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey sharpright have you had ant problems with your eclipse II at all any feeding problems or anything?

·
Registered
16 Posts
just has already been stated, springfield xd series all the way. i carry a sub compact 40 on a daily basis and use an xdm 3.8 40 at the range. i have not had a single miss fire in the 3 years ive had the compact and the past year with the xdm. i fired 1,000 rounds through the xdm without cleaning or stopping as a torture to test to see if it would fail and i couldnt stop it. even limp wristing it on purpose i never had a failure to feed.

i trust my life to these guns every day in some of the worst neighborhoods in america. you WILL NOT be sorry with an xd purchase

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hey sharpright have you had ant problems with your eclipse II at all any feeding problems or anything?

Never. That thing will feed flat nosed, lead cast semi wadcutters (which I make myself) without a hitch. It has never failed to feed any kind of ammo. However, as I said, it's an older Kimber. I am aware that some people have had issues with the newer guns not feeding until broken in.

It's hand's down, the favorite pistol that I have ever owned. Close second, is a colt python. That was a beautifully made gun.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have a Kimber Eclipse Custom II and its great. A few FTF in the first couple hundred rounds but after about 500 rounds its been nothing but money!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts