Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just bought a wrecked 04 ZX10, everything mechanical so far is alright on it, but the bike slid on its right side and pretty much ground off the bottom portion of the Pulser sensor cover, or crank shaft sensor cover, whichever you'd prefer to call it. The gasket didnt get ripped or anything and i've ordered the new cover. My question is: Is the cover critically important to running the bike as far as it being on, or would it be ok to ride without it. I'm leaning towards no because of the gasket, obviously meaning some sort of fluid resides behind this cover.

My second question: The whole front was wiped out, headlight, ram air intake, gauge cluster etc. What would be a good aftermarket gauge cluster to get for it and is it going to be relatively easy to hook up, or should I just go with the OEM one?

Third question: Is a regular bottle of radiator fluid ok to put in my radiator or do i need to buy some specifically for the bike? And if it is ok to use, should i mix it with water or is it ok with just pure coolant?

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
1st question, Yes. The pulse cover MUST be on.

2nd question. It would be soo much easier to pick up a used speedo cluster.
Plug and play.

3rd question. 50/50 will do fine. Anything for aluminium blocks.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
1st question, Yes. The pulse cover MUST be on.

2nd question. It would be soo much easier to pick up a used speedo cluster.
Plug and play.

3rd question. 50/50 will do fine. Anything for aluminium blocks.
This. I would add while replacing instrument cluster to get a used Gen2 cluster. There is a very simple write up in the " how to" section. It looks better and is much easier to read. Many Gen1 owners switch over to the Gen2 cluster.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys.

And yeah I figured out the pulser cover needs to be on. I rode it about 20 feet and figured it it when my leg was covered with oil.

As far as the tach cluster goes. I would go Oem. But I really don't wanna spend 500$ on a new one. If the one on eBay is still there next week when I get my commission check I'm gonna buy it. I'm a motorcycle salesman by the way if you guys are in the Tennessee area an need a bike or apparel. But would the wiring harness fit an aftermarket cluster or would I have to re wire it?

And how would I do 50/50 just drain some of the fluid out and put water in?

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Thanks for the input guys.

And yeah I figured out the pulser cover needs to be on. I rode it about 20 feet and figured it it when my leg was covered with oil.

As far as the tach cluster goes. I would go Oem. But I really don't wanna spend 500$ on a new one. If the one on eBay is still there next week when I get my commission check I'm gonna buy it. I'm a motorcycle salesman by the way if you guys are in the Tennessee area an need a bike or apparel. But would the wiring harness fit an aftermarket cluster or would I have to re wire it?

And how would I do 50/50 just drain some of the fluid out and put water in?
It comes premixed:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
put up a thread that you want to buy a cluster. They come around for sale every now and then. Also post on 13x forums too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts