Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
PostWhore
13,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aiight, i go over to my Dads this morning and find out that someone(s) had broken into his shed and stole a chainsaw and weedeater....Im thinking that it had to be just one person or they would have gotten more, as he has a new tiller, lawnmower, edgers, all kinds of stuff.....anyway, this person had pry'd the latch off and took the stuff out and then reinstalled the screws to hold the latch so it wouldnt look like it had been tampered with from a distance....which makes me think maybe they are planning a return visit....dont really know, but if someone had come and tried to leave in a hurry, why bother putting the latch back on???.....

so, we started discussing ways to keep the shed relatively safe....his idea of riggin explosives to the door wont work i think, so im just looking for ideas....the shed is prolly 75 yrds from the house and of course we could put a loud alarm on it and scare em off, but he really wants to know who it is....we thought about putting up the deercam to take pics, but the thieves would prolly just destroy it...a silent alarm would be good to alert him in the house that someone is there, but im thinkin if he is asleep, by the time he gets up and goes out, they may be headin off already......

so, anybody know some good setups? Thanks.

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
BadAzzGuitarPlyr said:
Aiight, i go over to my Dads this morning and find out that someone(s) had broken into his shed and stole a chainsaw and weedeater....Im thinking that it had to be just one person or they would have gotten more, as he has a new tiller, lawnmower, edgers, all kinds of stuff.....anyway, this person had pry'd the latch off and took the stuff out and then reinstalled the screws to hold the latch so it wouldnt look like it had been tampered with from a distance....which makes me think maybe they are planning a return visit....dont really know, but if someone had come and tried to leave in a hurry, why bother putting the latch back on???.....

so, we started discussing ways to keep the shed relatively safe....his idea of riggin explosives to the door wont work i think, so im just looking for ideas....the shed is prolly 75 yrds from the house and of course we could put a loud alarm on it and scare em off, but he really wants to know who it is....we thought about putting up the deercam to take pics, but the thieves would prolly just destroy it...a silent alarm would be good to alert him in the house that someone is there, but im thinkin if he is asleep, by the time he gets up and goes out, they may be headin off already......

so, anybody know some good setups? Thanks.
motion sensor but have it set up so the light comes on in the bedroom and wakes you that way they do'nt have a clue that you know they are on site

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
btw thats how i caught some would be thieves in my shop, no more problems and they needed a change of shorts , hope that helps sorry to hear about that hope ya get your dads stuff back

·
Registered
675 Posts
Take the stuff out of the shed and put em in the house. Leave a .45 shell casing/round taped to the door saying "Enter at own Risk". If you want to catch them, get one of those sonic door alarms that sounds off when the plunger is pulled out of alarm and cannot be reset easily. They have those at Home Depots and Walmarts I think. Sounds like a neighbor or someone who knows what your Dad has in his shed. Shoot em in the ass with a little ol rock salt. Good luck. :machinegu

·
Registered
956 Posts
metal door + electricity = bad head ache when they wake up :badteeth:
or a big ass rott runnin around in the back yard would work too. I hate fuggin theives :rocketwho

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Maybe setup a video cam someplace wired to a motion sensor to catch the fugger in the act. Then you'll have sound evidence for the popo. Then send a copy of the tape out to a local news station so they can put it on the air and show the public. Hopefully after that the guys life will be ruined and he'll do us all a favor and jump off a bridge somewhere.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Or maybe a couple of those "bear trap" devices that break the bone when tripped, he'll be there in the morning or you could just follow the blood trail.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
electricity rigged to the handle....110 will make ya hurt.....220 will drop ya.....

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
damn....i like the bear trap idea!!!!!!! with the motion sensor light going on in the house so that they don't see it..

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Just watch out what the local DA's office will do to YOU. Minor things like entrapment if you leave the shed open in any way. Excessive force if you blow him up, leg (bear) trap him, shoot him, electrify him (BTW 120v will kill just as 220v will, it's the 60 cycles that interferes with the natural rhythm of the heart). Check your local laws before you act.
Also, it seems that even if you get him "caught on tape", he'll (and his lawyer) will deny it's him. If you take it public, defamation of character, etc. will be ground for the perp coming after you with his lawyers.
So after you loose the criminal side then he hits you with his civil litigation and you're out more cash than the cost of what was lost.
It's a screwed deal anyway you cut it. The crook has the rights and we get hosed.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
gpz1100 said:
Just watch out what the local DA's office will do to YOU. Minor things like entrapment if you leave the shed open in any way. Excessive force if you blow him up, leg (bear) trap him, shoot him, electrify him (BTW 120v will kill just as 220v will, it's the 60 cycles that interferes with the natural rhythm of the heart). Check your local laws before you act.
Also, it seems that even if you get him "caught on tape", he'll (and his lawyer) will deny it's him. If you take it public, defamation of character, etc. will be ground for the perp coming after you with his lawyers.
So after you loose the criminal side then he hits you with his civil litigation and you're out more cash than the cost of what was lost.
It's a screwed deal anyway you cut it. The crook has the rights and we get hosed.
All because of the liberal weenies in this country....gotta let everyone have rights.....even crooks! :fu2: them.....you should be able to defend your shit like here in Texas. At night, if someone is stealing your property you have the right to shoot them. GOD BLESS TEXAS!

·
Registered
216 Posts
just empty the shed,
sit in a lawn chair inside the shed with a gun,
when the fucker unscrews the door put 2 to the chest.....
or one in the leg (which ever you prefer)

·
PostWhore
13,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
good ideas....

GPZ1100, very nice post....

I think we are gonna rig a sensor on the door so that when it makes contact a cam inside will take a series of pics and a loud siren will go off scaring the thief away before he can react....then whatever happens, at least we will know who it is thats stealin stuff....

Thanks all

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately, the scales of justice have tipped too far in the direction of the unlawful. Granted, I'd rather not be shot just because I was walking by a shed in the middle of the night, but then why would I be walking by a shed in the middle of the night?
Personally if all was right in the world, no one would be a thief or a murdered. But... we all know that it's only in the liberal world that there are none of this type running around.
Good luck catching your "visitor". Stay safe, well, and out of jail.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just a couple of ideas :eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

#1 What if you put a sign up stating trespassers will be shot, the fugger can't say he wasn't warned!

#2 Dig an 8 foot deep hole just outside the shed door, fill it with whatever you like, 4 inch splikes, tar, a skunk, cover up and wait for the screams.

#3 Can you get the dayglo/illuminescent sprays over there? Set it up so it sprays the fugger when he opens the door, takes weeks to get the stuff off.

#4 Strong glue on the door handle!

No easy answer really. Like the idea of the light in the bedroom, camera etc

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
DB's ZX10R said:
All because of the liberal weenies in this country....gotta let everyone have rights.....even crooks! ....you should be able to defend your shit like here in Texas. At night, if someone is stealing your property you have the right to shoot them. GOD BLESS TEXAS!
:iamwithst

1 - 20 of 44 Posts