Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so i am buying a 10r saturday and and have found two of them that are the same price.
1. 2005 magma red 10r 13,000 miles.
ohlins shock, ohlins dampner, galfer wave rotors and brakelines, power commander, ignition module, velocity stacks, dyno tuned to 161 hp to the rear wheel. Also have yoshimura slip on, brembo master cylinder, crg clutch lever, dub bub wind screen, ivans Tre and i think thats it.
oh and clean title with stand and an ok helmet.

Now option 2 which i will include a picture of.
2. 2006 zx10r. candy apple red coated 3 times and pearled.
only 2200 miles, has ipod hook-up and some little sound sytem.
pretty much stock beside windscreen and sliders and a few others.
also comes with an shoei e-boz helmet.
now the title on this one is salvaged but tags are current.
it was salvaged because of the fairings there is no damage to frame.
this thing is beautifull!!!

i just cant decide and saturday is coming quick!!!!

so opinions and why?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
The 05 would be a badass bike, and easily outperform the 06, but damn that second gen is HOT! I say go make YOUR decision based on what you think looks best, then if you feel you want to you can put the go fast goodies on the 06 later, and once again go with what you like best. As far as the stereo system thing goes, really?? I don't know what that is but it could be a nice thing.

Damn I'm about to drool over that color though...

·
Registered
454 Posts
I would expect the salvaged 2nd gen to be cheaper then what ever the guy wanted for the 05. how much is he looking for?

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Sound's bad to say it but why not take the 06 second gen and make it yours instead of everything being done already. I love buying used bikes but usually I prefer them to be more stock if anything so I can do what I want with it. Just me but I'd take the 06 with the less miles any day...Not into that bling paint though...nice color but a little over the top for a liter class bike..

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would expect the salvaged 2nd gen to be cheaper then what ever the guy wanted for the 05. how much is he looking for?
:+1: The salvaged bike should be a big factor as for the resale value in the future

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know it kills the resale but I don't think I would sell it for atleast r or s years

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry I am writing from my cell phone. I meant to put 4 to 5 years. How much faster would the 05 be?

·
Registered
112 Posts
2200 miles is noting for the 06. Sound like it is almost in new condition minus the poor guy who layed it down. The 06 IMO would be mechanically better and you could always add the Ohlins yourself later. The diffrence in miles would be the deciding factor for me.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
They are both fast... The color sure is sweet...For me the 05 would be the choice, since it has all the mods already, NOTHING to add... You can repaint it the same color if you like...

·
Registered
454 Posts
I love my first gen, and the bike sounds like a pretty good deal with the list of mods it has. but I would honestly be looking at the 2nd gen and trying to get the guy to come down on the price a bit.

to me, if your planning on keeping the bike and give it a good once over the lower miles win over the mods

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Sorry I am writing from my cell phone. I meant to put 4 to 5 years. How much faster would the 05 be?
That depends on you brother. The stock ten 2 is a very capable machine and that thing is beautiful, i'd say go for the gen 2, as long as all is good mechanically and structurally, with the mode on the 1st gen, that thing has more than likely been beaten on quite well, take the 06, make it yours and break it in however you see fit.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I would say go with the 05 for a couple of reason. The first and probably biggest to factor in is if you scratch that gen 2 there is no way you will be able to match that paint. Chances are you would have to repaint the whole bike. The second could be good or bad. While it's cool to take a stock bike and make it your own. The 05 comes with everything already done. For instance say you wanted to change that exhaust, you can take the yoshi off and sell it for money towards something else. Plus it has a clear title so if you ever wanted to sell it, it would be a lot easy to sell then a salvage.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Great opinion there ^^^ Ha ha...Best thing to do is get what you feel most comfortable getting and sitting on. I do agree I bet that first gen has been beat to shit with that kind of mod list, sure it has seen a few track days etc. But do what you like and what ever floats your boat is cool with me. Just post pictures when you do Ha ha

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
It's really up to what you like in looks unless you can take them both out on a full track day or long street ride to compare....because both are fast the goodies on the 05 doesn't mean it's going to be faster it's still rider or maybe worse than stock that's why many like to buy a stock bike rather than something messed with.

No matter what its somewhat a gamble what bike will turn out better without extensive history maintenance/perfomance wise or knowing the owners personally to guage.

The 13k of the first Gen is broken in but how badly abused or how little..if little the first gen is good to go that mileage isn't even due for a valve inspection yet and most likely won't need it.

The 2nd gen isn't even broken in yet but what happened in that wreck or down? hence the gamble.

You ask how much faster would the 05 be so that tells me your leaning towards the 06/07 :dontknow: . It's all rider so again faster is not a question its what you like for looks and feel at this point the rest you will find out after you buy :badteeth: good luck though and hope you get a sound bike :thumbsup:

·
Registered
198 Posts
fuck both bikes..Put more money and get something better.
:+1: but if thats not an option i say go 1st gen. for one the 1st gen will be a classic and is just such a beast of a bike.
for two it has the mods done to it already.
for three it has a clean title and i don't think ive ever heard of a bike going salvage due to fairing damage, probably more to it than the current owner is letting on.
gen 1 FTW

1 - 20 of 52 Posts