Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I managed to snap a terminal off a little light weight battery I have and I cant find this little part anywhere.

The base of it has ridges so it stays in place in a piece of plastic but on each end its threaded so you can connect a terminal to both sides.

Its pretty small in size, the threaded rod ends are I think 5mm I know the nut is 8mm.

Anyone know where I can grab this somewhere locally possibly?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
...you could use a stud and a nut... grind the nut down and epoxy it into the plastic. if you have a welder you can tack the nut to the stud too. That's about the best you're going to do for a quick fix unless you have access to a lathe.

·
The Pace
6,986 Posts
take the stud to the hardware store and match another metric stud and get the metric nut. Ask the floor guy if you have not done this before. I'm always doing this stuff.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Garth, if you have a Fastenal near you, check with them. Since I've found out about them here, they've helped me get a ton of hard to find hardware for my truck, trailer, bikes, house projects countless times.
The guys here locally are super freindly and knowledgable. Alot of times I'll just bring in some crappy oem hardware from a kit, and they'll quickly identify it if I haven't already, and find my preffered type, like 304 or 316 Stainless. Also, if they don't happen to have it, they'll order it and have it in 1 or 2 days for a very small fee (like 2 bucks).
I can't say enough about how awesome that place is man. Check 'em out bro! I hope they can help you out.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Hey guys, I managed to snap a terminal off a little light weight battery I have and I cant find this little part anywhere.

The base of it has ridges so it stays in place in a piece of plastic but on each end its threaded so you can connect a terminal to both sides.

Its pretty small in size, the threaded rod ends are I think 5mm I know the nut is 8mm.

Anyone know where I can grab this somewhere locally possibly?
Soooo.... did you ever get the part you need bro?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I did, I wound doing somewhat what Spaz recommended I wound up being able to use a bolt and some washers threw the piece I needed to bolt it to and it works great. Its not perfect but it works!

I sure appreciate you guys helping me out :) This was for one of my light weight batterys.

On a good note she put down 194hp on he dyno last night with just fresh 93 and 68* weather outside lol.....

·
The Pace
6,986 Posts
yeah, so funny how life is. Kinda get stuck then someone has an idea. Next thing I know is I build FROM that idea so that it works for me. hey, works BOTH ways. Other day I was foolin with a ladder and the wife puts in her two cents. So I'm thinking. I had to the the EXACT 180 from her idea to get it right!

LOL! so funny! Always listen to the wife but have to filter reasoning in there somewhere!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts