Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I have new nissan zx6/14 calipers, and galfer lines that I am ready to install on my bike. I bought a mityvac brake bleeder, and am all ready to swap stuff out. Heres where I am stuck. My 6r brakes came with the lines mc res and what not, and they are all still full of fluid. How can I get the fliuid out of the lines. Do I just hook up the mityvac like normal and just vacuum all of the fluid out of the brakes, put in new lines, then fill with fluid? Thanks for all the help!!

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Well if nothing is mounted to the bike yet just disassemble it all and be prepared for a mess, also make sure the pistons are pushed in all the way as to get all the old fluid out. I got calipers and MC all in a bunch too and first thing I did was seperate it all and let it drain. I'm just waiting for lines and pads to put them on my bike.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So do I just take them apart and drain them? Is there no way to avoid the mess? I know its not good to get brake fluid everywhere. Cant I just vaccuum out the fliud or no?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea Im installing galfer lines. I thought my new calipers would be shipped without fluid in them making swaping easy but I was wrong. I think Im gonna attempt this afternoon, Im sure if I hit any more snags I will post up. So my plan is: Vaccum all fluids from 14 calipers / lines. Vaccuum fluid from 10r lines and calipers on the bike. Remove stock calipers. Bolt new calipers on. Test fit lines to ensure good fit. Tighten bolts ensureing not to over torque banjos. Fill with 5.1 motul fluid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts