Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came back from a long ride and noticed I need a front tire...how hard is it to remove and replace the front wheel?...

I did a search and didn't find anything...

I have a PitBull stand that connects to the bottom of the triple tree...

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
It's real easy to remove the wheel. Remove the 4 caliper bolts to remove the calipers, loosen the 4 pinch bolts, and loosen and remove the axle and there yah go. I also have the pit bull stand that connects to tree and I love it.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
I never have had a problem removing mine. Just remove the calipers and zip tie them out of the way and then loosen your axle clamping bolts (the 4 on the bottom of forks) and loosen your axle and remove it. Some ppl leave the 2 clamping blots on the left side tight until they get the torque on the axle broke. Put it back to gether just the opposite and torque it properly and your ready to go.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Once you have the 10 up and safe on the front stand, remove the caliper screws. Now, GENTLY reomve the calipers without scratching the rim. Remove the axle bolt, loosen the bottom leg bolts on each side, remove the axle WHILE holding the rim. Now the rim should be in your hands. Do not loose the TWO spacers on the rim. Replace tire and reverse the above direction, lube the axle with grease thu. Again, do not loose or FORGET the spacers.....Good luck!!!

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Ehab said:
Once you have the 10 up and safe on the front stand, remove the caliper screws. Now, GENTLY reomve the calipers without scratching the rim. Remove the axle bolt, loosen the bottom leg bolts on each side, remove the axle WHILE holding the rim. Now the rim should be in your hands. Do not loose the TWO spacers on the rim. Replace tire and reverse the above direction, lube the axle with grease thu. Again, do not loose or FORGET the spacers.....Good luck!!!
yes hold on to them spacers...:mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
those damn spacers can be a pain it the butt also, just thought I would let you know.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
sgtusmc96 said:
I never have had a problem removing mine. Just remove the calipers and zip tie them out of the way and then loosen your axle clamping bolts (the 4 on the bottom of forks) and loosen your axle and remove it. Some ppl leave the 2 clamping blots on the left side tight until they get the torque on the axle broke. Put it back to gether just the opposite and torque it properly and your ready to go.

Here you go.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
sgtusmc96 said:
Here you go.
thanks man:thumbsup: one time at the track right before my race I was switching out my tires and couldn't find the spacers. Finally looked on the wheel and whatta yah know there it was.....:idea:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts