Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Hey I just purchased a new 10 and I still own a 03 zx-9. My 9 seems to have more torque pulling out than my 10. Some folks told me to change my front sprocket to a 16t and I would notice a difference and go up one t on the rear. Please give me some input. I love the mid and top out power, but taking off from a red light or stop sign sucks on my 10..Please give input..

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
Definitley do the the counter sprocket. You will not be disapointed. And for the price you cant go wrong.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Definitley do the the counter sprocket. You will not be disapointed. And for the price you cant go wrong.
:+2:

It also help with low speed driving, like bumper to bumper traffic...

I also like to do some race starts once in a while...just for kiks, that helps with the 'taking off' for shure :lol: :mrgreen:

Look here for install pics

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5615&highlight=16T+install

and lazy change method http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38074

And i also recommend you go with a Z-1000 sprocket, this way you get the advantages of the 'dampenning bands' on the sprocket, which translate to less vibration (same as your 17T stock front sporcket)

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Once again, 16F 42R and Riffleman's 1/5 throttle insert.For less than a hundred bucks these will by far outperform any other mods for the bucks in a street application.IMHO....

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
kneedraggers.com has a "Power Up Kit" for the 10R. 16T front/ 41T Rear Vortex Black Sprockets and a Regina Gold 520 Chain for about 2 bills.
Thats a good combo, I have the 16t front with the 40 rear and I was amazed by the outcome I freakin love it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
678 Posts
a 16t front will hurt your top speed a little. but the lowend power
you will get in return will more than make up for it.
put one on ,you will not think your on the same bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys,

Thanks for the info. This is really great. I just really noticed how much I had to go into first gear a lot at Deals Gap this weekend, when with my 9 I can take some curves in third and get on it. I hope this info will make me smile in the next coming weeks.

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
Hey guys,

Thanks for the info. This is really great. I just really noticed how much I had to go into first gear a lot at Deals Gap this weekend, when with my 9 I can take some curves in third and get on it. I hope this info will make me smile in the next coming weeks.
There is no doubt about it.:thumbsup:

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
And i also recommend you go with a Z-1000 sprocket, this way you get the advantages of the 'dampenning bands' on the sprocket, which translate to less vibration (same as your 17T stock front sporcket)
:+1: The 16t is one of the best performance mods I have done to the bike. You will be very happy with it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Watch that front sprocket removal, she can be a "Beoch". Install is a breeze... as long as you get all the spacers back from the dealer... long story on another thread! Enjoy.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I presume you have the 07 Zx10R when you purchased a new bike. As others have mentioned 16t is the way to go. I think this is really enough for the streets, however of you consider doing track days as well. Might want to add a couple of more teeth to the rear. As this perks the bike up quite a bit, and makes it more suitable for track riding. For the speedo as mentioned use the "Speedohealer" and top end speed is not that important as it rare you will ever need it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts